Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #241
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
DINGO 1.8 was replaced with DINGO 1.13 when entourage was still in business.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #242
qmast2002
qmast2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
LISTEN, READ and REREAD....

[qmast2002 -- Welcome!!
Are you making sure your file doesn't have a .zip.zip ending (which Windows sometimes puts on for you)? Good luck! I think you can do it!! [/QUOTE]

Filark, GunnerP245, ivanjt - it worked - it worked ! ! ! ! I tried and tried again and what do you know ? It worked ! ! I didn't do much different - except make sure the update was indeed in the root of my stick (4gb Kingston) and sure enough - it worked ! ! I'm terribly sorry for the pessimistic attitude I displayed here on the site and I'll do much better at keeping it positive from here on out.....

Sooo, after the update my PE says the following:
Modelnumber :edgejr
Firmware version : 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29 buildmaster@zeke #17 build number DINGO-1.13

So, my NEXT step will be to learn all I can BEFORE trying the gapps.zip and the allmine update.....Thanks again for the awesome help from all of you on this forum and I am completely stoked to have the PE back and running again ! ! !

Last edited by qmast2002; 06-01-2012 at 05:08 AM.
qmast2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #243
qmast2002
qmast2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Actually - it looks like after DL'ing my PE is set up as follows:

Model number: edgejr
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.34
buildmaster@zeke #1
build number ERMINE-0.9

YAY ! ! You folks are awesome and I CANNOT thank you all enough ! ! ! On to learning more about the PE ! ! !
qmast2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #244
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congrats! Enjoy!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #245
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I updated links. I'll test them over the next few days and check for any problems or apps that no longer work (e.g. due to age).

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-14-2018 at 10:37 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #246
jnedge
jnedge began at the beginning.

Device: Lots of EE's - Ice, Midnight, Red 6 PE's - Black, Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I updated links. I'll test them over the next few days and check for any problems or apps that no longer work (e.g. due to age).
That's great that you're still working on this. Thanks!

One thing that might be helpful is to either re-post the latest links or else post a link to where they are. Wading through the thread can get a little confusing.
jnedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #247
Gardenknit
Gardenknit began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Entourage Pocket Edge not connecting

Hi,
I have three entourage pocket edges and I haven't used them for a few years. They all worked. Now they can't download anything from the internet and most web pages say data connectivity problem (a secure connection could not be established), then web page not available. Is there a newer version of the os? They have Android 2.2, kernel version 2.6.34 by buildmaster@zeke#1, build number FROYO.

I just want to have Pandora in my shed out back. Pandora is installed on one of them, but will not connect.

Any info you have would be helpful, Thanks,
Gardenknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:49 PM   #248
Skalars
Skalars began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
I just bought one and am also desperate to get it working.
Please help...
Skalars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #249
RomanXOXO
RomanXOXO began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage edge, entourage pocket edge.
hello, after the update I can not connect to Wi-Fi .. please discard the ermine firmware if it is still there. and preferably original )
RomanXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote