Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
But really .... tough.

So, the cats were moving these new stainless steel bowls I bought for them whenever they ate out of them.

I thought about getting the type with the rubber grip bottoms, but they are close to $5.00 each ... and these are only $1.00, so I decided to come up with my own solution to the problem.

I made magnetic place mats (decorated with little black paw prints ... it's a little blurry), and fixed the bowls up with magnets on the bottom of each bowl (used dishwasher safe glue ... tested it, and it works fine).

Now, each bowl is held in place on the mat. And, the mats are too heavy for the cats to push around.

Problem solved, the bowls stay put. Everything can be washed, and things stay cleaner. Plus, the cats don't push the bowls under the counter, and then get frustrated because they can't easily get to the food on the back side of the bowl.

Yeah, I know .... I'm completely maaaaad!!!
Then I must be more mad... I got so frustrated with the cat tipping her water bowl over that I took two gladware containers, screwed one to the floor, and nested the other one in it. Now I can take out the top one, wash and refill it, but she can't tip it over no matter how hard she tries.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Then I must be more mad... I got so frustrated with the cat tipping her water bowl over that I took two gladware containers, screwed one to the floor, and nested the other one in it. Now I can take out the top one, wash and refill it, but she can't tip it over no matter how hard she tries.
Can't do that sort of thing in my house. Concrete floors. However, I use rather heavy recirculating fountains for my gang. They have trouble tipping those over.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw, what a pretty cat ! they always look so sweet and innocent when they are asleep don't they ? we know better than to be fooled though...

yes ricky show us more pictures of your kitties.

that's a good idea for the magnetic bowls ; my cats' bowls are ceramic but maybe i should switch to metal ones, then i can't break them. and then i could make magnetic mats too so they don't get scooted all over the floor.

That's why I switched ... I got tired of the broken glass.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Can't do that sort of thing in my house. Concrete floors. However, I use rather heavy recirculating fountains for my gang. They have trouble tipping those over.
I can take care of that with a masonry drill bit, I will be right over.

Still waiting for kitty pics.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
here are my two (i know, they look so calm and peaceful right ? don't be fooled. in fact they are both insane and apparently on crack).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	23669  
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
here are my two (i know, they look so calm and peaceful right ? don't be fooled. in fact they are both insane and apparently on crack).
do you supposed all cats are born that way? Maybe its a genetic thing.......I know mine is!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
do you supposed all cats are born that way? Maybe its a genetic thing.......I know mine is!
yep, i'll believe that.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #23
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
I can take care of that with a masonry drill bit, I will be right over.

Still waiting for kitty pics.
Wellllll, Ricky has 19 cats (I just asked in another thread) so rounding them all up for piccies could take a while!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #24
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Not a kitty, but something a kitty would probably enjoy looking at, Sir Pigwidgeon Bitingford-Chirpington
I'd attach a photo of Dragonlord Kazul von Ragebird (also a budgie), but she is afraid of the camera.
I believe that small animals should have long, ridiculous names.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	piggycute.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	23676  
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Fledchen.......adorable budgie! Including the name.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Fledchen.......adorable budgie! Including the name.........
I have some budgie-smugglers I can lend you, if ever you wanna try get Sir Pigwidgeon Bitingford-Chirpington past Customs here to visit the homeland.

Cheers,
Marc

PS. for on-topicality, we have a raised wooden table with two removable bowls inset in it for the dogs. We call it "the trough".
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
HA!!! WE NOW KNOW WHAT RICKY MAVEETY LOOKS LIKE!

As a Texan would say.......she's purty!
Actually she's real purty.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #28
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Actually she's real purty.
I second that.

I will keep posting photos of my kitties until RickyMaveety comes across with at least 1 photo of her kitties.

This is Chessy at 17 he recently died and we miss him dearly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chessy in his bed.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	23685  
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Not a kitty, but something a kitty would probably enjoy looking at, Sir Pigwidgeon Bitingford-Chirpington
I'd attach a photo of Dragonlord Kazul von Ragebird (also a budgie), but she is afraid of the camera.
I believe that small animals should have long, ridiculous names.
heeheehee !! excellent long ridiculous names !! that is a philosophy i can definitely adhere to. although my two cats have relatively short names : the grey and white one is called "La Bestiole" ("the little bug") (*with* the definite article, please !) and the black one is called Bast (full name : "bast the annoying dog-cat"), because when i first got her she was very slim and sleek and looked like an egyptian statue. (see photo).
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
This is Chessy at 17 he recently died and we miss him dearly.
that's a lovely cat. he must have been noisy ; siamese seem always to be.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bast.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	23710  
Old 02-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

I will post pics asap. I have a huge amount of material to get to my attorney by tomorrow (for my lawsuit against the evil developer).

I love long names for my cats as well. For example, Lady Harriett Haydon-Putney, and her son, The Honorable Winston Haydon-Putney. Those sorts of names are typical around here.

I've really got to get back to work now. Promise, I will post some photos soon.