Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
SwissSteve
SwissSteve began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
PRS-505 as a Music Player

Having Just got to terms with my new PRS-505 with Calibre for handling books I decided I can now get rid of my IPOD to the kids and just have one device.

I exported my IPOD ( not that big !) added a couple of Albums onto the 505 and then realized a big limitation. Unlike books which I can tag and organize into collections, my music is just dumped into one collection under Audio.

Please can those in the know tell me that there is a better way to do this on the PRS-505. My daughter will be really upset if she cant have my IPOD
SwissSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissSteve View Post
Having Just got to terms with my new PRS-505 with Calibre for handling books I decided I can now get rid of my IPOD to the kids and just have one device.
Just thought I'd throw out that playing mp3's on the PRS-505 *seriously* degrades your battery life. It eats through the battery so quickly that I deleted all mp3's off my 505. There is no way to turn mp3 playing off; you can only put it on Pause. I noticed that, overall, my battery life has been *noticeably* shorter since the first time I played an mp3.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissSteve View Post
Get that iPod back! It is highly superior to the MP3 player on any book reader device.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'd recommend just getting a nano for $50 and using that for music instead of your Reader. It's really just not worth it. My coworker uses that feature of the Reader and likes it though, so maybe it's just me (and the posters above me)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Another vote for a separate mp3 player here! If you don't go the Apple route, you can pick up a mp3 player with 2 or 4 gbs of storage under $50. One that I have my eye on, if my iPod ever bites the dust is the Sansa Clip.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
SwissSteve
SwissSteve began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Music Player

Thanks for the advice, looks like I have to live with this limitation.

Anyone know if the new 700 is any better in the music department?
SwissSteve is offline   Reply With Quote