Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #1
Diver4242
Diver4242 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Viewer default fonts?

Does the Calibre viewer show the default fonts designed into the epub file or the fonts that are set for serif/sans-serif in its preferences? I expected to see something in the font preferences like "use default in ebook" or something.
Diver4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver4242 View Post
Does the Calibre viewer show the default fonts designed into the epub file or the fonts that are set for serif/sans-serif in its preferences? I expected to see something in the font preferences like "use default in ebook" or something.
I believe it uses embedded fonts, if properly defined in the stylesheet.
If only Generic families are called for, the Preferences:fonts allows you to define which fonts (on your system) to use for these
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The fonts int he viewer are fallback fonts, they are used only if the document does not specify its own fonts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote