Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
Ephemerality314
Ephemerality314 began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Tables

I've been working on a ebook that involves a number of tables, and all I've been able to find is that converting tables from word to .epub or .mobi is hard. Why?

I have some free time this summer and have a fair bit of programming experience (python, html, java, c++, c). Is this something that can be worked on/fixed? Where is a good place to start learning about this?

Edit: Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong subforum >.>

Last edited by Ephemerality314; 08-18-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Wrong subforum
Ephemerality314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
This is probably where you think it should be

@Ephemerality314 - firstly welcome to Mobileread

My first question is - have you tried calibre's DOCX to EPUB conversion. Maybe you could outline its shortcomings w.r.t. tables

And have you tried this e-Book Tools - a Word add-in

FWIW - when I have anything with non simple tables I settle for PDF.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2015, 11:34 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, tables in docx convert just fine, see the demo here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...word-documents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote