Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
sts
sts began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650 (retired), Kobo Aura HD
API ability for editing epub while transfering to device

Hello,

I have a question which I couldn't get answered by reading the plugin API:
Is there any way to implement functionality in a plugin that edits the contents of an epub while transfering to the device (or maybe edit the epub on the device after transfering). I don't want to have to implement a device driver plugin but use the current activated one. I'd just want to hijack the transfer and edit the epub zip contents, unaware of the concrete underlying device and its driver plugin. Does the API provide an endpoint for this?

Thanks in advance.
sts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, but you can simply create your own device plugin (I know you said you dont want to do that, but you can have the device plugin inherit from the builtin device driver class and simply override only the transfer method). The disable the builtin plugin and use your custom one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
sts: As you list an Kobo ereader as your device, you might want to look at both the KoboTouch driver and the KoboTouchExtended driver. Both make changes to epubs as they are sent. You can use the KoboTouchExtended driver as an example, or you can probably subclass either and hook into the changes they make.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
sts
sts began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650 (retired), Kobo Aura HD
Ah, okay, thanks for this suggestion to inherit the kobodriver. I'll give it a try.
sts is offline   Reply With Quote