Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Creating and editing Themes for the 360 Plus

have only really played around with resources created by others:above all Gerda/gshank,
and then of course all those guys who created the original themes.

You will find the following directories:

- themes360: this contains the original Pocketbook themes developed for the "old" 360;

- themes360Plus: this contains one with all my modified themes for the PB360 Plus - some of them have the wrong icon associated to a function: this happens when the original theme had "music", which is not supported in the 360 plus. To use them, just copy them in the system/themes" directory of your device

- upbtres: this contains Gerda's decompiler. To use it, simply run from the command window "upbtres themename.pbt" where themename.pbt stands for the theme you are decompiling, and which must reside in the same directory as upbtres.exe (I am only talking windows here, for linux see instructions in Gerda's original post). This will generate 1. a directory "resources", with all the image files from your theme, and 2. a file "themename.cfg" which is a text file that you can modify to suit your needs.
Now you can create a directory "themename" and copy in there the files you have created (and the original .pbt file you decompiled to avoid leaving clutter in the upbtres directory). Gerda's decompiler is here.

- ThemeSources: these are the directories created by decompiling the original themes, then modified by me. But you can of course change the .cfg files (which are text files) as you please, and then recompile them. Each directory contains what you need to recompile, namely the pbres compiler, the .bat file that invokes it, and the viewer. For some reason I get an error message when I try to run the viewer, but it does not matter, as the theme is compiled correctly. There are two versions of the "pbres.exe" programme, the original one and the one created by Gerda (see message n.2 in this thread). The latter is useful whenever decompliling generates also images in the "4bbp" subdirectory in "resources", since the original compiler cannot cope with those type of images.

- sources_for_original_PBTheme_collected_by_gsank: this contains the orginal theme decompiled by Gerda, with all the sources (again,
see message n.2 in this thread). This is very useful to check how things are called with the PB360 Plus. The main three changes I noticed are: 1. to call the notes you have to use "acontent.app" instead of "notes.app"; 2. the applications directory is "/applications" and not "/games"; 3. the action for the news component is "OPEN,/ebrmain/bin/pocketnews.app"

- themecompiler: for redundancy, this contains Gerda's files needed to compile a theme.

I have been very lazy: substituted Italian where I needed it, since I am getting the devices ready for my parents, and not even trying to modify
the "music" icons. But at least now you've got something to play with :-)

I have not tried to use this for the Pro models, but I am hopeful Gerda's files will be useful for this purpose.

the zipped file is here.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
- upbtres: this contains Gerda's decompiler. To use it, simply run from the command window "upbtres themename.pbt" where themename.pbt stands for the theme you are decompiling, and which must reside in the same directory as upbtres.exe (I am only talking windows here, for linux see instructions in Gerda's original post). This will generate 1. a directory "resources", with all the image files from your theme, and 2. a file "themename.cfg" which is a text file that you can modify to suit your needs.
Hi Paola, I was playing a bit with the theme, and all those that you have attached are fine.

Instead using upbtres, I can not extract directory "resources" from the file pbt, only thing that comes out is cfg file. Without resources I can not recreate the thema again, it is only the empty file.

Is there any setting that I should use, or am I unable to get it right?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I tried to give you karma, but I can not do it yet

Last edited by nausica; 04-03-2012 at 04:27 PM.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
Instead using upbtres, I can not extract directory "resources" from the file pbt, only thing that comes out is cfg file. Without resources I can not recreate the thema again, it is only the empty file.
Hi nausica,
to get the resource files I simply put the theme I wanted to decompile in the same directory as upbtres, and then run from the command window "upbtres themename.pbt", and that created both the cfg file and a resources directory. To run the programme from the command window I "went" into the upbtres directory first - is it possible the resource directory has been saved elsewhere?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hello Paula, thanks for the answer.

Have done as you used to do, though, it always gave the error.

I managed to do so, at last

I had all the files on the D: partition, when I moved them on C it worked.
Didn't understand why...
I haven't experienced in these things, when it is not very complicated I'll manage to do something

thanks again
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
paola
Wizard

glad it finally worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
I haven't experienced in these things, when it is not very complicated I'll manage to do something
that makes it two of us
Advert