Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
YvonneD
YvonneD began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Metadata reviews

I've recently got a Kindle and have managed to download some books to it....but I can't see the metadata anywhere. I want to be able to read the reviews that I can see in Calibre, so I know what I'm choosing to read. Is there a way to see the metadata, including reviews?
YvonneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Support for that metadata is not a feature of the Kindle software.

There are two approaches that are commonly used to satisfy this requirement:
- generate a catalog for the books on the Kindle. See this sticky for more information on generating catalogs. The generated catalog can then be loaded onto the Kindle.
- use the Calibre facility for generating a cover displaying metadata information and use it in place of the standard cover. However many people prefer to keep their standard covers.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
YvonneD
YvonneD began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for that. Have just had a look through Calibre and am not sure how to generate a cover that includes the reviews?
YvonneD is offline   Reply With Quote