Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
drmadhupk
Connoisseur
drmadhupk began at the beginning.

Device: android
"Send book to app" fails

In the new version 3.4.1 send book to app function fails. I am not able to send book to any app. apps I tried are dropbox, drive, mega, gmail, telegram, es share via lan and wifi direct on my note 2. I tried both on 3g data and wifi connections. this function failed on the previous version too. it worked on 3.3.5d which @chaley had sent to me via pm. thought it would be fixed with new version. am I the only one with this issue? am I missing something?

Last edited by drmadhupk; 08-03-2014 at 01:52 AM.
drmadhupk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You are right, it is broken. The other changes I made for you to handle opening reader apps on books with strange file names on your SD card broke sending books to apps.

I will make another release in a few days with this fix, once the dust has settled.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 03:42 AM   #3
drmadhupk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You are right, it is broken. The other changes I made for you to handle opening reader apps on books with strange file names on your SD card broke sending books to apps.

I will make another release in a few days with this fix, once the dust has settled.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2014, 03:43 AM   #4
drmadhupk
Connoisseur

But 3.3.5d which you sent me worked
Old 08-03-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
drmadhupk
Connoisseur

when it was released as 3.3.6 on playstore it was not working.
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmadhupk View Post
when it was released as 3.3.6 on playstore it was not working.
Yes, you are right. The changes to handle multiple periods in your PDF names happened between those two versions. Those changes broke both upload to google books and send to app. Someone reported the problem with upload to google books so I fixed that in 3.4.1. Unfortunately no one reported the problem with send to app, so that didn't get fixed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #7
drmadhupk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yes, you are right. The changes to handle multiple periods in your PDF names happened between those two versions. Those changes broke both upload to google books and send to app. Someone reported the problem with upload to google books so I fixed that in 3.4.1. Unfortunately no one reported the problem with send to app, so that didn't get fixed.
can you please pm me the link to download version 3.3.5d where send book to app function worked? The previous link which you sent me is deleted.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #8
drmadhupk
Connoisseur

Quote:
sorry, missed it. You have already fixed the bug and updated on playstore. Thanks