Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #61
ivofounder
ivofounder began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Please help

I've tried to change tts rearder on my kindle 3 but when I select "turn ON" the kindle freeses!

Jailbreaked OK (0.10N)
Usertts3r3 OK
dir \male and \female created
after restart dir \data appared (maile and femaled disappared)

but it still freeses

Can You help me?

Ps voices installed:
\male (standard kindle voice (eng))
\female (silvia ita)

Never mind! I solved my problem tks

PS Great hack!

Last edited by ivofounder; 08-21-2012 at 11:36 AM.
ivofounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #62
Acrollam
Acrollam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
On Kindle DXG, I did not find a easy carpet “nuance”, but using WinSPC (USB SSH) I found at: /usr/lib/tts this file structure:

\-----speech
+-----components
| +-----common
| | combrk.so
| | comrsrc.so
| | dcteg.so
| | edct.so
| | rssoloapi.so
| | ttsengine.so
| | xcoder.so
| |
| +-----data
| | us_samantha_full.dat
| | us_tom_full.dat
| | vf_samantha_full_155mrf22_270_06.dat
| | vf_tom_full_155mrf22_270_06.dat
| |
| +-----g2p
| | g2p_enu.so
| |
| +-----pp
| | stdpp_enu.so
| |
| +-----synthesizer
| | synth_155mrf22.so
| | synth_vssq5.so
| |
| +-----voicefont
| | vf_samantha_full.so
| | vf_tom_full.so
| |
| \-----xlit
| xlit_1252.so
|
\-----rssolov4
| realspeaksolo.hdr
|
+-----common
| rssolo_dcteg.hdr
| rssolo_edct.hdr
| rssolo_ttsengine.hdr
| rssolo_xcoder.hdr
|
+-----enu
| rssolo_enu.hdr
| rssolo_g2p_enu.hdr
| rssolo_stdpp_enu.hdr
| rssolo_us_samantha_full_155mrf22_06.hdr
| rssolo_us_samantha_full_vssq5.hdr
| rssolo_us_tom_full_155mrf22_06.hdr
| rssolo_vf_samantha_full.hdr
| rssolo_vf_samantha_full_155mrf22_270_06.hdr
| rssolo_vf_tom_full.hdr
| rssolo_vf_tom_full_155mrf22_270_06.hdr
| rssolo_xlit_enu.hdr
|
+-----synthesizer
| rssolo_synth_155mrf22.hdr
| rssolo_synth_vssq5.hdr
|
\-----xlit
rssolo_xlit_1252.hdr

Comparing the files names/structure from packages for K3 and KT, the names are different.
My question is how to build a package for this KDXG?
What files are “untouchable”?
Could you find any solution for changing voices over DX?

Thanks/Gracias
Acrollam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #63
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Wish there was a one for kindle touch. You can port it if you wish.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #64
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Wish there was a one for kindle touch. You can port it if you wish.
Um.... TTS on the kindle touch is a lot easier. This thread talks about it. I found it by searching 'tts kindle touch', I don't know home much easier it can get.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #65
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@titano I know about that, the thing is I want different english voices not german languages or others, do you know some sites where you can get english tts voicepacks in kindle format or a converter?
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #66
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
@titano I know about that, the thing is I want different english voices not german languages or others, do you know some sites where you can get english tts voicepacks in kindle format or a converter?
Yes read through the post. I believe on the last page there is script that converts voice packs for the kindle touch. That post is the best resource you just have to look around.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #67
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Thanks will see!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #68
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
There are no other voice packs. The voice packs are proprietary, and it is utterly impossible to "just create new ones" unless you are willing to spend, say... 10 years on it (or get employed with the company who produced them). I'm actually amazed that there even are packs for so many languages around - they're probably extracted from car navigation systems. You can try the en-GB ones though. Oh, and please move the discussion to where it belongs: the other thread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #69
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Is it possible to just symlink from /usr/share/nuance/data to /mnt/us/usertts/male and /mnt/us/usertts/female files accordingly? In my opinion this gives a better way and more freehand to choose narrators. Just change the symlinks.

I didn't want to proceed and do it myself without asking you giants, because I don't want to brick my K3. Just have one.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #70
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Is it possible to just symlink from /usr/share/nuance/data to /mnt/us/usertts/male and /mnt/us/usertts/female files accordingly?
No, it is not.
Directory /usr/share/nuance/data always contains a pair of voices (AKA voice pack), male + female.
The hack is able to merge /mnt/us/usertts/male with /mnt/us/usertts/female to form a /usr/share/nuance/data replacement. The standalone voices cannot be used for TTS.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #71
nico_h
nico_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Hi, i need to know if this hacks works on Kindle DX Graphite?

I need Spanish voice.

Thanks.

Software Version: Kindle 2.5.8

Last edited by nico_h; 03-23-2014 at 11:00 AM.
nico_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:35 AM   #72
daphlip
daphlip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
anyone installed usertts on kinde2 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFC View Post
Hi dismid,

I have a Kindle 2 (software version 2.5.6).

But the following tutorial only mentioned kindle 3 files. Is there kindle 2 files to custom voices on Kindle?

Thanks.

MFD

Hi
sorry for digging out an old thread, but just found it.
same problem here, i have a kindle 2 (B003.....) with software 2.5.8 and jailbreak0.13
has anyone managed to get usertts runing on a kindle 2 yet, or any recomendations on how to do it?
cheers
philip
daphlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #73
eanghil
eanghil began at the beginning.

HI guys
thank you for the great job
I have tried for a couple of hours but I can't have it working, so I am here to ask you some help
I have a kindle 3 Wifi with FW 3.4.1
I have jailbroken it with version 0.13.N (the last updated available, as far as I've found)

Everything was OK

Then I have followed instructions to ad an Italian voice to my kindle
The problem is I can't have the update_usertts_3r2 or even update_usertts_3r3 work on my kindle

I mean the correct bin file (update_usertts_3r2_k3w_install.bin) was put on home directory of my kindle
I have ejected and unplugged device
I have tried to update through [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle procedure BUT the menu item is not available (it's light grey and not selectable)
Whitelist is ok: update_usertts is in and anyway I also tried to put the whitelist provided on voicepack repository

Same with version update_usertts_3r3_k3w_install.bin
If I restart kindle with update present i root directory, I get an error 3 and I need to restart with key "R", kindle restart but obviously no update was installed (bin file is deleted from root dir)

Is there any incompatibility with my version of kindle and or fw (3.4.1)?
Or I am missing some important step

I am not very skilled, I have installed jailbreak just today for the first time only on the Italian voice purpose

Thank you for your help
eanghil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #74
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanghil View Post
HI guys
thank you for the great job
I have tried for a couple of hours but I can't have it working, so I am here to ask you some help
I have a kindle 3 Wifi with FW 3.4.1
I have jailbroken it with version 0.13.N (the last updated available, as far as I've found)

Everything was OK

Then I have followed instructions to ad an Italian voice to my kindle
The problem is I can't have the update_usertts_3r2 or even update_usertts_3r3 work on my kindle

I mean the correct bin file (update_usertts_3r2_k3w_install.bin) was put on home directory of my kindle
I have ejected and unplugged device
I have tried to update through [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle procedure BUT the menu item is not available (it's light grey and not selectable)
Whitelist is ok: update_usertts is in and anyway I also tried to put the whitelist provided on voicepack repository

Same with version update_usertts_3r3_k3w_install.bin
If I restart kindle with update present i root directory, I get an error 3 and I need to restart with key "R", kindle restart but obviously no update was installed (bin file is deleted from root dir)

Is there any incompatibility with my version of kindle and or fw (3.4.1)?
Or I am missing some important step

I am not very skilled, I have installed jailbreak just today for the first time only on the Italian voice purpose

Thank you for your help
I had something similar happen with installing launchpad on my K3W with 3.4.1 firmware. You will need to use the software installer in KUAL to get this done. See the KUAL thread for details.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #75
eanghil
eanghil began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I had something similar happen with installing launchpad on my K3W with 3.4.1 firmware. You will need to use the software installer in KUAL to get this done. See the KUAL thread for details.

Dave
Thanks
I'll have a look at KUAL
eanghil is offline   Reply With Quote