Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Amazon site down...... again?

Is it down again or is it just me? I've been trying for the last hour and a half. Hmm....
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
2:13 EDT - It's up for me anyway.
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, thanks for checking. I cannot load Amazon's website at all in either Firefox or IE. No problems with any other sites - only Amazon. Never any problems 'till now. No updates or config changes. Any ideas? No book window shopping for me. Error message:

Firefox: Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 AM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I have been on it a lot today.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #5
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I have been on it a lot today.
Me too. But as of this evening, I can no longer access Amazon's site at all and it is a big problem for me.
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I was on there 10 minutes ago. Maybe your Internet ISP is the issue?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I'm assuming your problems have been solved since yesterday, but I just wanted to point you at a very useful site -

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It was very helpful when our ISP was having a spate of problems.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I'm assuming your problems have been solved since yesterday, but I just wanted to point you at a very useful site -

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It was very helpful when our ISP was having a spate of problems.
Thank you - yes, I am familiar with that site. Odd, since Amazon was the only site that was unavailable. I gave up after five hours of no access, but AZ was up this morning.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
FWIW, I can't recall the Amazon site being actually offline ever during (is it ten years yet?) of browsing and shopping. Amazon is the 800 lb Gorilla of Cloud Computing technology as well ... it is a significant part of the corporation's revenue selling service to other clients ... for Amazon to be "down" must be very, very rare.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #10
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
Well, wasn't it down for a little bit when those Chinese hackers attacked Amazon and Google a few months ago?
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
Skydog
Wizard

It was indeed down a couple of months ago, but other than that I have never heard or experienced any trouble until last night. BTW, I tested on four different computers and two different ISPs. All sites I tried loaded normally, just not AZ.

Strange.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #12
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
No problems with Amazon. But I could just strangle my cable ISP...
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote