Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Minor issue on searches

Kovid, I LOVE Calibre, and this is not a complaint. But I loaded a lot of books onto my kindle after I got the update. I tried to load all Romance, except Historical and Paranormal. But no matter what I put in the dialog box (I put both Historical and Romance-Historical), a lot of the eliminated tags were appearing in the search. I just typed in the tags I wanted to eliminate - should I be clicking on them somewhere? I know it wasn't because of misspellings (I corrected all those).

Just might be a slight bug in the Advanced Search. Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Kovid, I LOVE Calibre, and this is not a complaint. But I loaded a lot of books onto my kindle after I got the update. I tried to load all Romance, except Historical and Paranormal. But no matter what I put in the dialog box (I put both Historical and Romance-Historical), a lot of the eliminated tags were appearing in the search. I just typed in the tags I wanted to eliminate - should I be clicking on them somewhere? I know it wasn't because of misspellings (I corrected all those).

Just might be a slight bug in the Advanced Search. Thanks, Debra
Did you try using the Luggage tag?

If you click the search term you want (Shows Plus), Now hold down the Control Key and click the term you don't want until and repeat click until Minus shows
Match ALL is the rule (logical and)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I tried to load all Romance, except Historical and Paranormal.
What search did you try?
if your tags are Romance, Historical and Paranormal

Try this:

tags:"=Romance" not tags:"=Historical" not tags:"=Paranormal"

Post your tags if that didn't work. My searches seem to work correctly.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used the advanced search, it was romance not historical not romance-historical not paranormal not romance-paranormal.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
I used the advanced search, it was romance not historical not romance-historical not paranormal not romance-paranormal.
This might give you odd results, as you haven't limited it to searching tags. Try my search or theducks method. If they don't work, you need to tell us exactly what tags you use, if they aren't as above.
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Ah! I will try it tonight. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Ah! I will try it tonight. Thanks!
You're welcome, and I'd try theducks method first, as his method will make sure you only use the correct tags and won't have to worry about the spelling. Once the search works, you can save it and use it again, later.