Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Which eReaders Compatible with Library eBooks?

For some reason, the squabble between Macmillan and Amazon has made me think about libraries, and why I quit using them, and why I like eBooks so much. A lot of my thoughts centered on convenience and availability. I found out that my library now has downloadable content so they've become convenient again. I'm very happy with my Kindle, but it's not compatible with my library. I have an iPhone and downloaded overdrive so I know I can get audio books.

This is from my libraries web site: "Sony® Reader for mobile reading of library eBooks. All EPUB eBooks & many PDF eBooks at this site are ready to enjoy on the Sony Reader. Requires installation of Adobe® Digital Editions." Does this mean I'm limited to only Sony readers, or do I just look for readers that can read EPUB & PDF eBooks?

Last edited by dkb; 02-06-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: clarity
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
You are not limited to Sony. There are quite a few readers that work with Adobe Digital Editions software. Check the WIKI on this site.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
All PocketBook models can read DRMed epubs
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Here is a web page showing Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) compatible e-readers.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/devices/

I am shopping for an e-reader now. My main considerations are low cost and ability to read e-books checked out from libraries. Right now I am leaning towards the Aluratek Libre Reader Pro. I like the included dictionary and user replaceable batteries of the similar Jetbook Lite, but as of now it doesn't support ADE.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote