Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
bookmunkie
bookmunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko on my T-Mobile G1
Question Zipped HTML to EPUB only gets one chapter

Hi guys,

I've imported a Zip file containing xhtml files of a book into Calibre. The zip contains prologue.xhtml and chapter01.xhtml through chapter44.xhtml, but when I convert the book to epub and open the resulting file with fbreader it only contains chapter 17. I double-checked the file by opening the epub like a zip file and have confirmed that the content directory only contains the resources directory calibre_title_page.html and chapter17.xhtml.

Does anybody know why out of 45 files number 17 is the only one to be grabbed and converted into the epub, and how I can prevent this so that the entire book is converted?

Thanks
bookmunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Landrovan
Enthusiast
Landrovan began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
I don't know why he choosed this file. But since he use only one html file as the book, you should add a index.html (or xhtml) file that got only link to all chapter file in order.
Landrovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...specific-order
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
bookmunkie
bookmunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko on my T-Mobile G1
That did the trick. I still think it's weird that it just grabbed chapter 17 before.

Is it possible to do that without that table of contents showing up in the final file? I personally prefer for there to not be a TOC at the beginning of the doc when I can get to one through a menu. I removed the text from the hyperlinks, but Aldiko still shows three blank pages where all the links were before.

Last edited by bookmunkie; 09-27-2009 at 04:45 PM.
bookmunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just put

style='display:none'

on the parent element of the TOC
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
I was just reading about this program on their website and notice that they recommend Calibre as the tool to get books converted into ePub so they can be moved onto an Android equipped device to read:

Aldiko.com\Support\General
What format does Aldiko support?
Aldiko supports the ePub format.

If you have non-DRMed books in the following formats: lit, pdf, mobi, rtf, txt, html, fb2, prc**, odt, cbr and cbz, you can use a free software called Calibre to convert any of the above formats to ePub and then import your books into Aldiko. You can get Calibre from here http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/. If need assistance for doing that, please feel free to let us know.
Dr. Goyal, you're becoming famous!
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote