Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
styler001
styler001 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1
Conversion from epub to rtf problem

I'm not sure at exactly which update of Calibre this happened, but a few months ago I started having problems converting from an EPUB file to RTF. My result now is an RTF where complete chapters are one long string of sentences without line breaks. If I convert from EPUB to HTMLZ it comes through OK.

I don't know if some setting got changed along the way on my computer. I'm the only one who uses Calibre in my family, so I know no one else did it, and I can't think of any time when I might have made a change to the output format.

Since it's not converting to RFT correctly anyway, I've tried messing around with the "common options" under "conversion" setting all different ways, but can't seem to get any to work.

I'm using the 64-bit version of Calibre on a Windows 7 system.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
styler001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
styler001

This is not regarding DRM removal. It works converting to HTMLZ but not to RTF.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The DRM bit is just part of Kovids's signature and is always there. I'd you follow and read the link he gave?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by styler001 View Post
I'm not sure at exactly which update of Calibre this happened, but a few months ago I started having problems converting from an EPUB file to RTF. My result now is an RTF where complete chapters are one long string of sentences without line breaks. If I convert from EPUB to HTMLZ it comes through OK.

I don't know if some setting got changed along the way on my computer. I'm the only one who uses Calibre in my family, so I know no one else did it, and I can't think of any time when I might have made a change to the output format.

Since it's not converting to RFT correctly anyway, I've tried messing around with the "common options" under "conversion" setting all different ways, but can't seem to get any to work.

I'm using the 64-bit version of Calibre on a Windows 7 system.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Works fine here

Preferences->Conversion->Common Options->Page Setup->Output Profile I've found the best for RTF Output is Generic Output Profile

Turn Heuristics off, see attachments for other settings

If you're opening the RTF's in Word check the Document Template that's being applied, OOo has something similar but it may be called something different

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	104042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	104043  

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-08-2013 at 03:34 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
styler001

Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like my text justification had somehow changed to justified. Maybe I had misclicked sometime.

Anyway, changing it to "original" makes processes the RTF output as expected.

Thanks.