Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
Are there any fanfiction sites

Are there any fan fiction sites that allow easy download of complete books, not chapter by chapter?
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
Are there any fan fiction sites that allow easy download of complete books, not chapter by chapter?
I wish!

Instead, I ended up using Fanfic Downloader, which I learned about on this site:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66025

There is also a fanfic downloader called FLAG, a web-only service:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26055
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
I have used FLAG mentioned above and it works very well to pull down whole stories. I use it with my Kindle and you have to sideload the resulting files, but it is easy. It should work just as well for ePUB.

These days I mostly read on my Android phone. I use an app called Fanfiction Reader that pulls down entire stories to read offline. It will supposedly also check for updates to stories you have already downloaded, but I haven't used that feature much.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
In addition to the various download plug-ins and applications mentioned above, AO3 (archiveofourown.org) offers download options in mobi, epub, pdf and html formats.

Also, quite a few archives that I know (many of which use efiction or something derived from efiction / customised efiction) offer a "print entire story" or similar option - clicking on that one generally displays a HTML page with all chapters, which is easy enough to save and convert as needed.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
The FFDL plug-in for Calibre is an awesome choice, and works beautifully with most of the popular fansites. It's made my life MUCH easier! The only site I know of that allows full download in epub/mobi form is archiveofourown.org, but its content is still somewhat limited in comparison to ff.net or harrypotterfanfiction.com, for example.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
and you have to sideload the resulting files,
Using flag, if you put your free kindle email (YourName@free.kindle.com) into the line for sending the story to email, and then authorize the email connected to flagfic by going to the section under your amazon account called "manage your kindle," and then click on the link called "personal document settings," you'll see a place that lets you add approved email addresses. Once you've added the flagfic email, you'll be able to add the stories directly to the kindle over wifi. It also stores the stories in your archive under personal documents, which means you'll be able to download them at any time. I've always found it very convenient.

There's another program that Amazon offers, called send to kindle. It allows you to register the program to your account, and then you'll be able to send documents to your kindle with the choice of whether or not you want the file to be added to your archive. It also converts the file to amazon's format, with the exception of pdf's, and with the program you can send up to 25 stories at a time, which is pretty convenient if you have a large fanfiction collection like I do.

https://www.flagfic.com/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200768410

Last edited by sneakyspider; 12-06-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: left out a word
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
What about Wattpad.com? It has an app. I have it but have not used it yet, since my TBR pile is huge already.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
Using flag, if you put your free kindle email (YourName@free.kindle.com) into the line for sending the story to email, and then authorize the email connected to flagfic by going to the section under your amazon account called "manage your kindle," and then click on the link called "personal document settings," you'll see a place that lets you add approved email addresses. Once you've added the flagfic email, you'll be able to add the stories directly to the kindle over wifi. It also stores the stories in your archive under personal documents, which means you'll be able to download them at any time. I've always found it very convenient.

There's another program that Amazon offers, called send to kindle. It allows you to register the program to your account, and then you'll be able to send documents to your kindle with the choice of whether or not you want the file to be added to your archive. It also converts the file to amazon's format, with the exception of pdf's, and with the program you can send up to 25 stories at a time, which is pretty convenient if you have a large fanfiction collection like I do.
Thanks for the info. Truthfully, since I got my Note last spring, I haven't used my Kindle much or the FLAG software. It's nice to know about the 'email direct to Kindle' option.

Thanks,
Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #9
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote