Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
jay fox
jay fox began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen odyssey
Question Metadata question

hi,
I'm using Calibre (0.8.40 on Mac OS X 10.6.8) since a couple of month, just before getting my e-reader, and it worked just fine.

But now, after transfering all books ot my reader (Odyssey) I notice that the metadata, aren't taken in account.
In fact Calibre puts all books in folder, by Writers, with a metadata file ... that the Odyssey just don't give a S....
Same thing for the cover, the Odyssey takes the Picture that is 'inside' the epub, not the one I uploade later on and is a file as such, as you know.
As the Odyssey don't manage the folder very well (if you keep the same folder structure as Calibre, it cannot do an sort out) I just took the .epub files and put them in one folder so the Odyssey can sort them out better, and show the cover as well.
but then I notice that all the metadata I've corrected (specially the title and the author) are not taken in account.

the question is: is there a way that Calibre don't create an external file to manage the metadata, but changes them 'inside' the .epub file ?

Because the other weird thing I've noticed is that if you change metadata (by clicking "edit metada") and then you open an ebook, and clic on the (i) icone (metadata) it shows old metadatas !

any suggestion ?
Thanks
jay fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre will update the metadata inside a file when you do one of the following:
- Run a conversion
- Do a Send to Device
- Do a Save to Disk
- Run the Modiy ePub plugin

It sounds as if you simply copied the files from Calibre's internal library store without doing any of the above?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
jay fox
jay fox began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen odyssey
yes !! good tip !! it works just good thanks again !
jay fox is offline   Reply With Quote