Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
ellett
Connoisseur
ellett began at the beginning.

Device: Android
[Android App] Calibre Companion - appears to be connected but screen is blank

I started the wireless device connection and see my PC's IP address indicating the connection is active. The plugin is using all defaults.

I have an incoming rule in Windows Firewall that says all incoming connections to C:\program files (x86)\calibre2\calibre.exe on all ports are to be allowed for TCP and another rule that says the same thing for UDP.

I start CC on my Galaxy Nexus and touch Connect. The circle goes around for a few seconds and then stops but the screen remains blank.

I've tried it both with default (blank) information and with the IP address and port 9090 specified. Same behavior except the circle goes away almost immediately since there's no searching for calibre.

Any idea what I've missed?

To note, I have over 2000 books in calibre, with another 2-3000 to be added in the coming weeks, if there's a size/performance related issue.

Thanks.
ellett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You need to select some books in calibre and do a "send to device". CC shows books you have sent, not books in your calibre library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
ellett
Connoisseur

My phone isn't showing up as a device, so there's no "send to device" option available.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Please post a calibre debug log as described in faq item #3 of the calibre companion beta test thread.

Also, to be sure: when you press the connect button on calibre companion, the button changes to disconnect? Or are you saying it stays "connect" but CC says nothing - no message at all about a failure to connect?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
ellett
Connoisseur

An interesting journey.

First run, I used defaults. Touched connect and the circle spun for several seconds and then went away. Option stayed on connect, but there was no indication of any error. Screen below options remained blank.

Checked options and both IP address and port were blank, with the greyed out prompts confirming that they were empty.

Inserted my PC's IP address, confirmed with ipconfig and inserted 9090. Touched connect and circle appeared for a fraction of a second and went away. Option still said connect and screen below options was blank.

Started this thread.

Went back and cleared both IP address and port, confirmed they were empty by the presence of the greyed out prompts.

Touched connect and things started happening, option changed to disconnect and device fields appeared in calibre. Selected all 2200 books and selected send to device, main memory. On PC calibre greyed out for about 30 minutes and then job started and got syncing with calibre window on phone. Have been receiving at the rate of about one book every 5 seconds ever since.

Will update status tomorrow, since it will take several hours for the job to complete.

Between the first attempt and now I have not done anything with calibre, no starting or stopping anything, no adding books, no nothing. Don't know why filling and then emptying the IP address and port fields changed anything.

Between attempts I have been using phone, but have not added any apps or reconfigured anything.
Advert