Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
amyb
amyb doesn't litteramyb doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs-t1
Problems downloading books to my Sony PRST-1

I've had my Sony for over 6 months and have never run into this problem. I download books and then click and drag over to my Reader for PC library. Normally, that book will appear as the most recent added. I did this to 4 different books and they didn't appear. I looked and it put one of the books in the middle, so I assumed that I must have already had that one on my reader, although I didn't get a file already loaded message. When I tried to click and drag over the next book, the first one disappeared and was replaced by the second book, then when I clicked and drug over the 3rd book, the second one disappeared! So, now I have 4 books that I've bought and downloaded to my laptop but cannot load them onto my reader. I had no trouble downloading them to my laptop and they all have different titles and I got no message that these files were already downloaded.
amyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Hello,

My name is Mike Puma, I work with the Sony Support USA team. I am sorry to read about the problem you are currently having with your Reader. Please visit this link http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...dl=PRST1&LOC=3 for help, here you can chat with a rep and receive assistance to help resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Mike Puma
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Why don't you just drag/drop them into your T1 ? why go through that extra step... with the pc reader software, it's totally unnecessary even better if you have wi-fi access download directly to your T1
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Flip Martian
Connoisseur
Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.

Device: Sony PRS 350, iPad, Sony PRS-T1
Because most people who mention the Sony Reader software say not to use it at all if possible, as its so buggy. FWIW I use Calibre to sync with my reader (ie similar process to what you're suggesting) but I have drag'n'dropped before now without issues.
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
OK, so you've managed to get them onto your laptop, is that right? The books are there, but you can't get them on to the reader using the Reader software? If so, you could try reinstalling the Reader software - it is very buggy. However, you'd be far better off using Flip Martian's method - download Calibre (it's free!) and use that to load on your books, rather than the Reader software, which is buggy, takes over the computer and is, quite frankly, rubbish. Calibre is far superior and much easier to use.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
syncing invariably causes problems eventually...even with calibre which is a much better choice than the Sony software, This is not email or the like so why this need to sync?
Just asking since it is at the root of a lot of the problems posted on this forum..
bla is offline   Reply With Quote