Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
tbernstein
tbernstein began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Bulk delete news files on Kindle Fire

I'm using Calibre to email daily newspapers to my Kindle fire. This works well, but I'd like to periodically delete old news. I can do this one at a time from the Fire itself, but this is a pain. I'd much rather connect over USB and use the file display on my PC to bulk delete the files. Unfortunately, the file names do not include the name of the news item, so I have no idea which files to delete. Anyone know how to identify the correct files to delete?
tbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the device tab in calibre when your Fire is connected via USB
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle fire, usb connection