Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Questions about the eDGe, answered by eDGe owners

(retracted)

Last edited by borisb; 08-15-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
maynard
Edge User

Is there a recommended SD card for additional storage? Are there speed, manufacturer, or storage size limitations a new - or prospective - owner ought know before buying a storage card?

Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
kenjennings
Edge User

There's a thread on SD Cards in Accessories . . . http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...-with-the-eDGe

Old 04-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
drsteve
Edge User

Hi Boris.

You seem to be truly a man of our times with all the support you've given for this device, so thanks in advance. I think Entourage ought to send you a free v3.0 when it comes out !
I'm seriously considering getting one of these (assuming I can get one to UK ;o) ) . Other than its weight advantage and Apple ipod looks the Kindle DX in my mind just cannot compete with the device these guys have put together.
My concerns about the PDF capability have already been answered by your good self. I have several Software Development PDFs which are only feasible on a 9.7" e-ink screen and everyone seems to be really happy with its performance and clarity.

I'd be interested to know about the video playback capability of this device though. I understand that the codec support may be a little thin to begin with but what file support is there currently and how capable have people found the Edge at playing e.g.movies and TV shows in DivX/MP4/XViD etc.

I've seen a lot of people talking about being able to fire off little video clips from links on the e-ink side (ie enhancing the reading experience with soundbites) but I see the main power of this device will be in having course documentation along side video lectures (ie the text enhancing the video experience). Once the Entourage SDK is released, it shouldn't be too hard to sync the two for an unsurpassed e-learning experience that I seriously wish I'd had for my BSc, MSc and PhD !

Many thanks

Dr Steve

Last edited by drsteve; 04-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
don15
Edge User

Can we get the keyboard on the other screen when using the edge as a computer?

Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
don15
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
No - it's only available on the LCD side.

Note that the eInk side is not touch sensitive like the LCD side - you would have to use the included stylus to tap the keys.
That would be ok since I use the stylus alot anyway. Dont u think being able to have the keyboard on the e reader side would make "typing" easier. Wold it even be possible to get it done on the unit.?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #7
drsteve
Edge User

Thanks for the reply, Boris.

So you're happy the Marvell chipset is up to the job of decoding 720p video?

That may have just sold the device to me !

Old 04-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
drsteve
Edge User

Oh and another thing. Does it store zoom settings etc on a per PDF basis. Different PDFs will no doubt look best with slightly different zoom settings (for instance for zooming the margins off screen). I'm just wondering whether these might be stored so you don't have to keep resetting the display of each PDF to your personal preference. Probably a little too much to ask at this stage, but certainly worth a feature request if it doesn't already support it