Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
QT dialog osX

Hey,

I wrote a metadataplugin (BOL_NL) with a qtdialog popping up, if there were no matches, showing the rejected titles.
Under windows no problems.

Running in osX (snow leopard) gives troubles.
Starting from terminal calibre-debug -e __some code: the dialog is shown and the debuginfo is printed in the terminal.

Starting form terminal with the gui ( calibre-debug -g), the dialog doesnot show up at all, nore is the debug-information printed in the terminal.
In the terminal only a few messeages appear:
“QCocoaView handleTabletEvent: This tablet device is unknown (received no proximity event for it). Discarding event.” when on the first time I click a button inside calibre. (even when my plugin is not installed).

I am not familiar with osX , and I am not that good with python and qt .
Do I need some extra settings to get the output printed and the dialog shown? I am stuck at the moment, so any help or hint is appreciated.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do you have a Wacom tablet or mouse installed? I remember that Qt seems to have conflicts with the Wacom driver under OS X. See this thread.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Do you have a Wacom tablet or mouse installed? I remember that Qt seems to have conflicts with the Wacom driver under OS X. See this thread.

G
No,
I am running osX with vmware, no extra devices.
I am not sure if the errormessages from cacoa are related to my troubles.
I have received several messages from users that under osX the dialog is not shown.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
metadata plugins run in their own thread. In Qt you are not allowed to use the GUI in threads other than the main GUI thread. So you should not use any Qt code in your plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
metadata plugins run in their own thread. In Qt you are not allowed to use the GUI in threads other than the main GUI thread. So you should not use any Qt code in your plugin.
Ty, clear answer. Sometimes it is better to asked for answer.
Is this only related to osX, because under windows the dialog is popping up (without problems).
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It can cause problems in any OS. The fact that it works in windows is likely an accident, you should not rely on it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote