Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #16
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
The book store is much improved! There are still some kinks to work out, which I know you all will be working on. One thing I noticed is when I did a search for free Google books, the first page listed the books by the author of whom I searched. But when I clicked on the arrow to go to the next page, it came back with the result "Current Search Word Is “Technology Engineering”" which is *not* what I searched. (If it helps, I did a search for Grace Livingston Hill.) She has many more than 12 books listed on Google. I'm not sure yet if the search works well on the side you pay for, as so far the books and authors I've searched are not listed. But I'll keep trying!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Looks good Jen.

It seems that you all are still working out the agency 5 issues. Also, when I do an advanced search, when I click on that I want to search by author, a message box pops up telling me that I selected it...why?
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
I like the site. Some of the pop-up font colors are a bit on the light side, though, for easy reading (no pun intended!). Good luck!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #19
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I couldn't download the Adobe software. For some reason Adobe didn't like my email address.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #20
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Searching by either author or title works fine. Searching by both returns an error:

Quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Full-text table or indexed view has more than one LCID among its full-text indexed columns.

/library.asp, line 46
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #21
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Biggest problem I see is that you are outrageously priced. Two examples: Terry Brooks' Bearers of the Black Staff is $19.99 in your store but $9.99 in the Sony store (and Sony uisn't noted fro being the lowest priced). Similarly, Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is $20.50 in your store and $9.99 at Sony. No matter how nice the store front may be, pricing will be key, and a $10 gap between you and Sony is a no-brainer -- Sony wins, you lose.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #22
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I resent that, and I sincerely hope that one of your future giveaways will take into account us international people.
This is good news for you and all: I just found out from our team that anyone living outside of the USA can enter and win any of our giveaways!

We have revised our rules accordingly. Anyone can enter!
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Biggest problem I see is that you are outrageously priced. Two examples: Terry Brooks' Bearers of the Black Staff is $19.99 in your store but $9.99 in the Sony store (and Sony uisn't noted fro being the lowest priced). Similarly, Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is $20.50 in your store and $9.99 at Sony. No matter how nice the store front may be, pricing will be key, and a $10 gap between you and Sony is a no-brainer -- Sony wins, you lose.
Unfortunately, we do not control the prices of our eBooks. Our wholesaler, who is given instructions by the publisher, chooses what to charge smaller retailers.

Companies like Sony, Amazon, and Apple are able to receive reduced eBook pricing because they put legal and financial pressure on publishers. Small retailers have no choice what to charge, we pay double what Amazon pays to even have these books in our store.

Books on Board is also a store with consistently higher eBook prices, but they are (for a VERY limited time with the new Agency Model rules) able to have "giveback" cash on each purchase. That comes out of their own capital, but will cease as more publishers choose the Agency way.

Truthfully, we are looking for a new wholesaler. I won't name names, but we are being charged the full price of a printed book for each eBook we sell. If I could name names, I would write an opera about the wickedness of our wholesaler.

Last edited by jenifer.ezread; 10-14-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #24
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
If I could name names, I would write an opera about the wickedness of our wholesaler.
This sounds much more like an Astak rep. Congratulations
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #25
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
This is good news for you and all: I just found out from our team that anyone living outside of the USA can enter and win any of our giveaways!

Ok, looks like firstly the ebookstore has reverted to the old one. I get redirected to global.ezread.com and the activity link is telling me about the old comp from that was run until June 28th.

Secondly, it is good news we can all enter. So having already signed up (just to confirm as I can't get to the new page) I am automatically entered? Hope so, I've been rather unlucky with the other competitions that were run (don't get me started on the facebook fiasco!!!).

Fingers crossed this is the one for me. Should I just email you my postal address now
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Odd quirk when browsing titles.

Select the next (page of nnn)
The new page loads with a few books above the visible load point.
Not at the top, not at the bottom

Firefox 3.6.10 on XP
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #27
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:

This is the contest I see at the link you provided (http://www.ezread.com/activity.asp). (I live in Canada.)

Quote:
Every Book You Buy Is One Entry To Win!

We just can't get enough of giving out free stuff. Every book you purchase from EZ Read from now until June 28th is one entry to win a 6" Astak EZ Reader in sleek black. Read up to 8,000 pages on a single charge, and books in over 20 formats, including PDF and ePUB! You read it right, buy one book, get one entry. Buy a million books...you'll probably win.
I have to say the site looks exactly as it always has.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #28
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:

I am happy to hear that. It's not really about any giveaways; it bothers me that I would gladly hand over my hard earned money for a book I like and am prevented from doing so by my location. I realize this is not your fault and I apologize for being snarky, I just kept seeing more and more of the same. It leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #29
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I couldn't download the Adobe software. For some reason Adobe didn't like my email address.
We recently tried to set up a new user account for an employee here, and had the struggle of a lifetime. Ah, Adobe.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #30
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Just a quick note, folks. My own wee indie publishing house is just about to sign a contract with EZread which is only a slight adjustment of their (already very fair) standard draft. And we're very happy.

*A fair and fixed retail comission.

*No DRM.

*Text-to-voice authorisation.

*No geographical restrictions.

*No upward or downward adjustment in any country or currency to our own reasonable across-the-board cover price.

Now what more could a publisher or buyer ask? EZread is going by the gentlemanly rules of cricket as far as we're concerned. Certainly in our case, we, our readers and EZread get a square deal. If only every retailer played from such a straight bat.

Best wishes. Neil
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote