Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #211
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
There are two more Lester del Rey books on PG. If Don has no objection (as he posted the first one), I will do the other two.

No problems at all....and yours look great.

Thanks, also, for correcting his last name so all three now share a common last name.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #212
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I use the Palm (color) as the device so that people using MobiPocket on a color screen will get color graphics if the graphics are in color.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #213
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Makes no difference - selecting "Sony Clie", "Palm (Color)", or "Pocket PC" generates an identical file. The only one that gives you a different file is "Palm (Black and White)" which presumably converts any graphics to B&W.

I did some experiments with this a while ago, doing a binary comparison of the generated file.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #214
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Patricia,

Could you possibly produce your books in MobiPocket format, too? All you have to do is click the "Palm" button on the top toolbar in BD, set the file type to "MobiPocket Reader" and the device to "Sony Clie". Only takes seconds to do once you've done the Sony Reader format.

Thanks,
I'll have a go this evening.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #215
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Haven't read the whole thread yet.

I stopped in the books section to take a look at Balzac only to find that all books featured are in English. Would it be possible to have separate selections in other languages like German French and Spanish?

PS I don't have time to prepare any.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2007, 04:02 AM   #216
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I'll have a go this evening.
Thanks Patricia - that looks excellent!

The only (very minor) suggestion I'd make would be to rename the PRC file after it's been created - BD tends to truncate them to odd lengths.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #217
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Haven't read the whole thread yet.

I stopped in the books section to take a look at Balzac only to find that all books featured are in English. Would it be possible to have separate selections in other languages like German French and Spanish?

PS I don't have time to prepare any.
I'm prepared to do a few Balzacs (or other classic French authors) in the original French, provided that I can find a decent html source with all the italics and accents. I really don't feel up to restoring all the missing accents in an entire French novel.
I've had a quick look on Gallica and see that they have lots of Balzac and that they seem to be in html, so your luck is in.

So, Ivan, which ones would you like?

(I'm also quite tempted by Chateaubriand's Memoirs d'outre tombe because I visited Combourg recently.)

PS I'm a bit busy this weekend, so it may be Monday before I get round to it.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #218
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm prepared to do a few Balzacs (or other classic French authors) in the original French, provided that I can find a decent html source with all the italics and accents. I really don't feel up to restoring all the missing accents in an entire French novel.
I've had a quick look on Gallica and see that they have lots of Balzac and that they seem to be in html, so your luck is in.

So, Yvan, which ones would you like?

(I'm also quite tempted by Chateaubriand's Memoires d'outre tombe because I visited Combourg recently.)

PS I'm a bit busy this weekend, so it may be Monday before I get round to it.
You lucky person! Combourg is my favorite castle; and then Carcassone which I have visited as a kid. This is what I miss most of Europe, all the past is in your face. Here it's miles and miles of emptiness. Get's boring after a while...

I have picked up a few works on Gallica. I mentionned Balzac not because I wish to get his works, but only to find out if it was in its original French (my mother tongue) and to see if there were people interested in other languages. Don't fret on it. Thanks for the consideration!

Here is an other site for free French ebookclassics.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 08-24-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add an URL
Old 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #219
Patricia
Reader

Yvan, I expect that you have noticed this already but Hadrien's Feedbooks also has some French novels in formats useable by the sony reader.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #220
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You lucky person! Combourg is my favorite castle; and then Carcassone which I have visited as a kid.
I really enjoyed both Chambourg and Carcassonne, but Chenonceaux is my personal favorite.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #221
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Yvan, I expect that you have noticed this already but Hadrien's Feedbooks also has some French novels in formats useable by the sony reader.
Thank you Patricia, yes I knew about it, there are some 5 other sites too even one in Québec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I really enjoyed both Chambourg and Carcassonne, but Chenonceaux is my personal favorite.
Hmmm! Aren't you mixing up Chambord and Combourg? Not quite the same type of castle. Chambord is about the same kind of palace as Chenonceaux; roughly the same period. I visited both of them too.
I like the medieval type of castle where they could stand years against the agressor, cut off from the rest of the world but completely sufficient. The ways they went to make traps and defenses, all the ingenuity, now that was building, not the matchstick things of today that blow way at the first storm!

All those castles that we mentionned except for Combourg were restored at the beginning of the last century by the same Viollet Leduc a fantastic architect. He drew furniture too that is why I remember his works. He was one of the inspirations that got me to make furniture. Gothic is the type I'd like to make. Any King (not the family name )interested in my services?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #222
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I plan to do a bit of Bret Harte. (I seem to be back to a lot of my heroes of journalism days again.) Most know him as a friend of Mark Twain; but, many never remember that he was also a powerful writer in his day.

Now some say that everything he wrote sounded the same and others think he was all over the map. I am not yet sure if these will be Harry like omnibuses or single volumes. Either way he is a treat to read and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. (This is also a great excuse/reason to read the books of his that I have missed over the years.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #223
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Yeah, and I highly recommend reading this one for those of you who understand french: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1342

Anyone ever heard about Barbey d'Aurevilly outside of France ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #224
balok
Ugly alien
balok doesn't litterbalok doesn't litterbalok doesn't litter

Device: tricorder
Quote:
I'm prepared to do a few Balzacs (or other classic French authors) in the original French, [...] which ones would you like?
I haven't been able to find Le colonel Chabert in French. Would you be able to get that?
balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #225
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Yeah, and I highly recommend reading this one for those of you who understand french: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1342

Anyone ever heard about Barbey d'Aurevilly outside of France ?
I've got his book on Dandyism in an english translation.