Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Courtney Milan's "Unlocked" is currently free in the iTunes store, DRM free. Love her!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Courtney Milan's "Unlocked" is currently free in the iTunes store, DRM free. Love her!
Price reported to Amazon.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Oooooh that's annoying! And YES, her books are SO badly formatted. I was reading one of them that was so badly done, I decided to use the highlight feature to mark mistakes. But something in the formatting caused my Kindle to freeze and crash whenever I'd open the note menu. I've only ever had that happen two other times--both of which were also her books!
It's the TT tags she uses the Kindle doesn't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
That is low and underhanded in the extreme. Thanks and karma for warning us about her.
I have patiently waited for updated copies of these books then tonight discovered this it just made me very frustrated. I want to support authors who publish their backlists but if I keep seeing this done I may have to go back to spending my money on trusted publishers.

I have no problem with an author updating their ebook to make it better, adding a pretty cover and even retitling it but changing the ASIN is just wrong. This is the third time I had an author do this but this is the first time it was an author who I bought all their books trying to support their effort.

I got seriously burned buying from Smashwords from authors who removed their titles for KDP Select then posted better versions on Amazon but this author did both then took it a step further.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #19
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Price reported to Amazon.
I did so, as well! I made a wish list that I put these on, so that I can keep track of what's changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's the TT tags she uses the Kindle doesn't like them.
Thanks, I will make a note of that! I am wanting to learn to use Sigil to break apart some bundles I bought, and I plan to practice by fixing her books first. Right now I'm fixing a Harlequin freebie that was only ever put out as a very bad PDF. The advertising director's name and the date/time of processing is on every page as if maybe they'd converted from a word processing document with the info in the header/footer.

I agree with the being frustrated about pulled books. I had a Nook for a year before I added a Kindle to my device family, so lots of my library was purchased from B&N. I'm verrrry anal retentive (lol), so I have a "thing" about keeping one author's titles on one account (and that's partly so I don't buy something twice). Several authors are split between the two because they pulled their books for KDP. I also ran into the problem when Medallion Press pulled all of their titles from Amazon a while back.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, I will make a note of that! I am wanting to learn to use Sigil to break apart some bundles I bought, and I plan to practice by fixing her books first. Right now I'm fixing a Harlequin freebie that was only ever put out as a very bad PDF. The advertising director's name and the date/time of processing is on every page as if maybe they'd converted from a word processing document with the info in the header/footer.
I manually break apart bundles. I enjoy the challenge.
Mobipocket Creator is good for getting rid of headers or footers.
I use Acrobat Pro though but MPC is what I use when the other fails.
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #21
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Most PDFs have alternating headers on every page. It used to be fairly easy to remove them in Calibre, but Calibre has changed/upgraded a lot since I fixed all of my PDFs a few years ago. The search and replace functions are different. Still the same principle, but the instructions I used from Dear Author are now out of date.

I have broken apart most of my bundles. Thought about doing so with a few of the anthologies I have where I only really want one of the stories, but then I look at my TBR pile and think my time is better spent reading
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #22
pisceschick
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I manually break apart bundles. I enjoy the challenge.
Mobipocket Creator is good for getting rid of headers or footers.
I use Acrobat Pro though but MPC is what I use when the other fails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Most PDFs have alternating headers on every page. It used to be fairly easy to remove them in Calibre, but Calibre has changed/upgraded a lot since I fixed all of my PDFs a few years ago. The search and replace functions are different. Still the same principle, but the instructions I used from Dear Author are now out of date.

I have broken apart most of my bundles. Thought about doing so with a few of the anthologies I have where I only really want one of the stories, but then I look at my TBR pile and think my time is better spent reading
I will check into MPC, thanks! This or organizing my catalog/downloading metadata is what I do while we watch TV some nights. I can't *just* watch TV, I have to be doing something. It's a family trait--my mother and grandmother both knit and crochet, but all I could do was make a long strand of knots. Makes me feel productive, rather than passively watching our shows and documentaries.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Here's a good page about the search/replace function in Calibre. I use it all the time.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Somewhere in Time US DE by Barbara Bretton, which was first published by Harlequin in 1992.

Quote:
The CROSSE HARBOR TIME TRAVEL TRILOGY

Book 1 - SOMEWHERE IN TIME
Book 2 - TOMORROW & ALWAYS
Book 3 - DESTINY'S CHILD

Reviewers Choice Award - Best Historical Time Travel
--Romantic Times

Historian Emilie Crosse dreamed of a love that would last forever
Who knew she'd have to sail across two centuries to find it?

When her ex-husband Zane Grey Rutledge showed up at her door with a Revolutionary War uniform that was part of his grandmother's estate, neither one suspected that their lives were about to change in ways they couldn't possibly imagine.

Swept back in time to 1776 where a nation is struggling to be born, Emilie finds herself torn between two men: Zane, her ex who still holds the key to her heart, and Andrew McVie, the Patriot hero of her long-ago dreams . . . .
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #25
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Correct link for Somwhere in Time.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
EDIT:
Dammit, too slow!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

DANL members Don't forget July 3-9 that Mary Margret Daughtridge's Books are on sale for $1.79.

Use promo code: discover15 to get them for $1.52 a piece!

I picked up SEALed with a Promise and the epub is nicely formatted. So I'm happy to finally have the series complete.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Speaking of scheduled Sourcebooks sales, if anyone was looking to buy Judi Fennell's paranormal romances (one was offered as a freebie some time ago), the regular Sourcebooks ebook deals page says they're slated to drop to $1.99 later this month, and since her books are in DANL, they'll probably be even cheaper once the membership discount is added in (or subtracted; however you want to think about it).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #29
pisceschick
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Here's a good page about the search/replace function in Calibre. I use it all the time.
Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Speaking of scheduled Sourcebooks sales, if anyone was looking to buy Judi Fennell's paranormal romances (one was offered as a freebie some time ago), the regular Sourcebooks ebook deals page says they're slated to drop to $1.99 later this month, and since her books are in DANL, they'll probably be even cheaper once the membership discount is added in (or subtracted; however you want to think about it).
Maybe the DANL rep (Greg?) that has a MR account can find out and let us know? Interesting that DANL isn't listed as a retailer in that big ol' list at the bottom of the sale page.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #30
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Picked up all four with discount "discover15" for $6.08
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote