Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
lady_morana
lady_morana began at the beginning.

Device: Axim V50, MobilePro 770
save to RTF or HTML

I have an older bookreader that has a preference for RTF and HTML.

While I normally use Bookdesigner for my personal library, a friend has a MAC and would need a MAC friendly library manager.

Will Calibre be able to convert to these formats?

Morana
lady_morana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_morana View Post
I have an older bookreader that has a preference for RTF and HTML.

While I normally use Bookdesigner for my personal library, a friend has a MAC and would need a MAC friendly library manager.

Will Calibre be able to convert to these formats?
I don't think Calibre can do anything with an RTF. But, if you save it as html using Word or Pages or Open Office then calibre can convert HTML to LRF, ePub and/or Mobipocket.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre can convert RTF as well, though it does prefer HTML
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre can convert RTF as well, though it does prefer HTML
Hmm... you learn something new every day.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, html, mac, rtf