Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
Andy Slave
Andy Slave began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Ebook reader with autoscrolling

Hi everyone, my mum is a disabled person who cannot use his hands and would need an Ebook Reader to be used on Ipad 2, which has the autoscrolling functionality with speed.

I bought Gerty to her, but autoscrolling only works until the end of the chapter and then need to manually scroll the page (which cannot be done).

Do you know an app for Ipad 2 that is an ebook reader for reading epub or pdf files and that has full automatic scrolling?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea
Andy Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I don’t think one exists anymore. There’s an old app called Tomes which is able to do as you want but I don’t know if its available to anyone who had not previously purchased it. It hasnt been updated for 6 years. I know this only because I bought it back in 2008 and now cannot download because its not compatible with iOS13

Last edited by kyteflyer; 05-11-2020 at 06:24 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
The app by Pocketbook has automatic scrolling, and after briefly playing with it on the iPhone it looked very promising. Not sure if they have an iPad version or not.

It's a feature that I loved on my old Palm III readers -- being able to set the scroll rate and adjust it easily with the up and down buttons was awesome -- it really kept me on track and focused as if I lost focus I lost my place.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like they do have an iPad version, but I've never tried it. It's free, so worth playing with.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pocket...?platform=ipad
Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 PM   #5
twowheels
Wizard

Also, it looks like Marvin 3 has auto-scroll too. I remember when that was first released it was extremely popular around here, but haven't seen much about it since:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/marvin-3/id1086482858

I bought the pro version, but never ended up using it much.
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 02:57 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Apple Books autoscrolls with Speak Screen (you can mute). Reading speed adjustment is limited though (1/2, 1, 1.5, 2)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:06 AM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Apple Books autoscrolls with Speak Screen (you can mute). Reading speed adjustment is limited though (1/2, 1, 1.5, 2)
That's an interesting solution. Using Speak Screen to silently read the ebook does function as autoscrolling! You could also turn Voice Over on in General>Accessibility. Then you could use many apps (Kindle, Apple Books, etc) to read the screen to her. The pages automatically turn. Obviously, mute it as tomsem suggested, and it turns pages silently.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #8
robarr
robarr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2022, iPad mini 4, tab s6 lite 2022
Kybook 3 pro have an auto scroll option too.
robarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, auto scroll, epub, ipad 2, reader