Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 05:20 AM   #556
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by favero_ View Post
One other thing, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's me: I try to change the font, but when I do in the menu the actual font don't change. Most of th epubs I've tested have Publisher Fonts, I'm not sure if that's a problem...
Plato ignores publisher fonts. What could be happening is a failure to identify the main font as serif. Could you privately send me one of the problematic ePUBs?
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM   #557
favero_
Enthusiast
favero_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
You could manually import all the HTML files in .kobo/articles. However, as far as I remember, it won't be enough: some kind of non-standard syntax is being used for image tags.

What I would recommend instead is to switch to Wallabag:
  • Add the following hook to Settings.toml (after the On Board library entry):
    Code:
    [[libraries.hooks]]
    path = "Articles"
    program = "bin/article_fetcher/article_fetcher"
    sort-method = "added"
    second-column = "progress"
  • Rename Settings-sample.toml (in bin/article_fetcher) to Settings.toml and fill it out.
  • For the initial retrieval, bring up the library menu and select Toggle Select > Articles.

The listing of file extensions indicates that you're talking about a StarDict dictionary. As I've mentioned before, you can convert these dictionaries to the format Plato uses (dictd).
Again Baskerville, I really appreciate your quickly response and your patience. I'll either download Wallabag or use the normal kobo interface to access the pocket articles.

Regarding the conversion of the dictionaries, I'm sorry I'm very nooby regarding coding. So just to see if I understand, I need to download from github, extract it, open terminal and type 'cargo install --path' where the path is where the extracted folder is, which is my mac download folder, is this correct? And then, what should I do?

Once again I apologize for not knowing these stuff, and I promise I'll donate again for the project for all of your trouble..

Thanks one more time, and congratulations on making Plato what it is nowadays in such little time! It came from being "a nice reader I used to have on my kobo where I used koreader for pdf and kobo for ebooks I'd like to highlight" to my main reader in my kobo forma..
favero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #558
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So just to see if I understand, I need to download from github, extract it, open terminal and type 'cargo install --path' where the path is where the extracted folder is, which is my mac download folder, is this correct?
Not exactly.
  • If you haven't done this already, install Homebrew.
  • Install the dict package: brew install dict.
  • Install sdunpack:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/baskerville/sdunpack
    cd sdunpack
    cargo install --path .
  • You can now convert a StarDict dictionary with:
    Code:
    dictzip -d file.dict.dz
    sdunpack file.dict < file.idx > file.txt
    dictfmt --utf8 --index-keep-orig --headword-separator '|' -s "ShortName" -u "URL" -t file2 < file.txt
    dictzip file2.dict
  • Copy the generated files (file2.index and file2.dict.dz) to the dictionaries directory.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:17 PM   #559
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
You might want to turn off Homebrew’s analytics tracking. This can protect your privacy. The command is:

Code:
brew analytics off
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:43 PM   #560
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
I try to change the font, but when I do in the menu the actual font don't change.
I was unfortunately unable to reproduce using the elements you've provided.

There're problematic entries in your info.log:

Code:
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-BoldItalic.otf': Broken file.
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-Bold.otf': Broken file.
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-Italic.otf': Broken file.
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-Regular.otf': Broken file.
Just in case, could you remove those files:
Code:
rm /Volumes/KOBOeReader/fonts/._*
And see if it helps?
Advert
Old 07-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #561
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
Not exactly.
  • If you haven't done this already, install Homebrew.
  • Install the dict package: brew install dict.
  • Install sdunpack:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/baskerville/sdunpack
    cd sdunpack
    cargo install --path .
  • You can now convert a StarDict dictionary with:
    Code:
    dictzip -d file.dict.dz
    sdunpack file.dict < file.idx > file.txt
    dictfmt --utf8 --index-keep-orig --headword-separator '|' -s "ShortName" -u "URL" -t file2 < file.txt
    dictzip file2.dict
  • Copy the generated files (file2.index and file2.dict.dz) to the dictionaries directory.
Thanks baskerville! I had homebrew installed, I managed to clone the git, but when I type 'cargo install --path' nothing happens I get a message 'command not found', not sure why. Any thoughts on this?

Here it is:

One other thing, after being able to install sdunpack, where should I put the .dict.dz file or where should I put the location of it? Also, where will the output be? I'm sorry for all the questions, I promise I'll study unix terminal language, but so far I know almost nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
You might want to turn off Homebrew’s analytics tracking. This can protect your privacy. The command is:

Code:
brew analytics off
Thanks a lot trekk! Maybe you could also help me with my questions above?
Old 07-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #562
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
I was unfortunately unable to reproduce using the elements you've provided.

There're problematic entries in your info.log:

Code:
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-BoldItalic.otf': Broken file.
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-Bold.otf': Broken file.
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-Italic.otf': Broken file.
Can't open '/mnt/onboard/fonts/._Literata-Regular.otf': Broken file.
Just in case, could you remove those files:
Code:
rm /Volumes/KOBOeReader/fonts/._*
And see if it helps?
You're a genius, it worked!

Thank you so much, I really really appreciate all your time, pacience and effort!
Old 07-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #563
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, those are macOS resource forks (the hardfile fallback variant because vfat), as long as stuff gets transferred via Finder over USBMS, these'll pop up everywhere, so it might be a good idea to ignore 'em .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #564
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks baskerville! I had homebrew installed, I managed to clone the git, but when I type 'cargo install --path' nothing happens I get a message 'command not found', not sure why. Any thoughts on this?

Here it is:

One other thing, after being able to install sdunpack, where should I put the .dict.dz file or where should I put the location of it? Also, where will the output be? I'm sorry for all the questions, I promise I'll study unix terminal language, but so far I know almost nothing about it.

Thanks a lot trekk! Maybe you could also help me with my questions above?
Ok, I managed to install sdunpack, or at least it looks like it:

But then when following the commands I find -bash: sdunpack: command not found

Any workaround or sth I'm doing wrongly?

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #565
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
But then when following the commands I find -bash: sdunpack: command not found

Any workaround or sth I'm doing wrongly?
You didn't add the cargo bin dir to your PATH. For now, you can just use the full path "~/.cargo/bin/sdunpack" instead of just "sdunpack".
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:41 PM   #566
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You didn't add the cargo bin dir to your PATH. For now, you can just use the full path "~/.cargo/bin/sdunpack" instead of just "sdunpack".
Yeah, I just realized that and fixed it. I managed to add already a French and a Portuguese one, but when I try to access the latter it crashes my Plato. Could anyone test it and see if the issue is with me or if it's with the dictionary please?

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5r0wa3iqa...xcGZSqKHa?dl=0

Thanks a lot geek1011 for the tip!
Old 07-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #567
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
I managed to add already a French and a Portuguese one, but when I try to access the latter it crashes my Plato.
Can you post your info.log?
Old 07-18-2020, 05:50 AM   #568
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato 0.9.0

I've released 0.9.0.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #569
skalden
skalden began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O first edition
I recently discovered Plato (0.9.0), and I really like it.

Because I don't understand how to install sdunpack in linux, I used Pyglossary (http://www.github.com/ilius/pyglossary) to convert some Stardict dictionaries to dictd-format, but with moderate to no success: two dictionaries show approximately half of the definitions, the other two show nearly no definitions.

In Goldendict I can see all definitions (dictd-format), so I suppose that something goes wrong in Plato? Or am I doing something wrong?
skalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #570
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalden View Post
I used Pyglossary (http://www.github.com/ilius/pyglossary) to convert some Stardict dictionaries to dictd-format, but with moderate to no success: two dictionaries show approximately half of the definitions, the other two show nearly no definitions.
Could you (privately) send me some of the problematic dictd dictionaries?