Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #721
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I haven't used a Forma, Libra or Oasis. But I'm assuming the lighting issues come from the new form factor.

Do Oases have trouble of inconsistent lighting? If not, could it stem from glass screens rather than plastic ones? (No, I'm not talking about the substrate.)
Somewhat, but not so much as the Libra. The Voyage had pretty bad lighting problems, though, and it too had a glass screen. So it seems to be just the matter of pure luck, not the form factor or the screen material.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:41 PM   #722
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
The Oasis 3 has considerably more LEDs than anything else on the market, IIRC.

And it took lab126 an inordinate amount of prototype iterations to get there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:22 AM   #723
Cybrand
Cybrand began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Bought 5 Libras, all of them with very uneven lightning and returned all of them. I now stick with my little Clara which is quite even, just the way I like it

Last edited by Cybrand; 06-30-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Cybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #724
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybrand View Post
Bought 5 Libras, all of them with very uneven lightning and returned all of them. I now stick with my little Clara which is quite even, just the way I like it
Hm, you have mentioned it a couple of times

I am glad you finally found something you like.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:27 AM   #725
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybrand View Post
My Libra has great even lighting, maybe there was a batch problem in the ones you bought.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:50 AM   #726
lovetoRL
lovetoRL began at the beginning.

Device: looking
I've noticed the shadow and ghosting. But when I move to a new screen the ghosting disappears. Seems like they should be able to fix that.
lovetoRL is offline   Reply With Quote