Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #301
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks David. It must've been the Internet connection because it downloaded fine today. But when I ran it, I got:

Code:
Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in
I needed Java.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:15 AM   #302
blackpanther
blackpanther began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2gen (fw 5.6.5)
But does work on linux?

once installed, it gave me this error:

Error: Interpreter python3.4,python2.7 has no path set

any suggestions?

my machine has python 2.7 inside. i tried to install python 3.7 but nada
blackpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #303
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You have to go into Sigil's plugin preferences and tell it the python interpreter (must be 3.4+) to use. Auto should work, but you may have to Browse and select it manually.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:50 AM   #304
blackpanther
blackpanther began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2gen (fw 5.6.5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You have to go into Sigil's plugin preferences and tell it the python interpreter (must be 3.4+) to use. Auto should work, but you may have to Browse and select it manually.

Thank you very much
blackpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #305
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This is a neat addition, so a belated thank you! I only now read the discussion.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #306
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm a linux user, on a windows laptop there is something wrong when I try to run epubcheck. It seems to be the same error no matter which epub, so I'm guessing it's something with the installation.

Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\Patrik\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 228, in run
    arch = get_arch(java_path, os_encoding)
  File "C:\Users\Patrik\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 39, in get_arch    _, stderr = jar_wrapper(*args)
  File "C:\Users\Patrik\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 49, in jar_wrapper
    process = Popen(args, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, shell=False)
  File "subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 1178, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Error: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Sigil 1.1.0, Qt 5.12.6, Windows 10.

I think python is included in (windows)-sigil? I just went and downloaded and installed latest Python, no change.

Ideas?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #307
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I'm a linux user, on a windows laptop there is something wrong when I try to run epubcheck.
Did you follow the instructions and check whether Java is installed?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #308
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Did you follow the instructions and check whether Java is installed?
No I didn't... I guess I'm so used to my old Linux system that I presumed the Windows sigil-installer would let me know of any pre-requisits.

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #309
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I guess I'm so used to my old Linux system that I presumed the Windows sigil-installer would let me know of any pre-requisits.

Thanks!
Why would Sigil be involved? Java is only a prerequisite of this third-party plugin. Sigil doesn't require Java for anything.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #310
patrik
Guru

Yes, that's a rational true statement.

But as an irrational human being, it's easy to conflate everything sigil-ish.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #311
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have just loaded this plugin to check an epub2 file because I haven't been able to get any response from http://validator.idpf.org/ - every attempt over the past few days has just timed out without any connection to the server. Is the online checker still in business?

The check with this plugin worked fine with 'No problems found'. Then I tried setting 'usage' to true and this produced a few errors (or suggestions) such as :

USAGE(HTM-021): Content file doesn’t contain lang attribute.
Col: 151: USAGE(ACC-013): Content file contains at least one inline style declaration.

Can you point me to a reference where I can find the key to stuff like ACC-013 and HTM-021 ?
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #312
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
They appear to me to be quite well defined. The first means neither your html tag nor the body tag has an lang="en" (or whatever language the page is in). Unless multiple languages are used, this is not an error or even a warning as the epub metadata defines the lang for the book.

The second says you are using inline styles, in other words a style defined in a style attribute of a html tag. This is not an error or warning as it is completely legal but many epub developers do not like them and they prefer standalone stylesheets for all styles.

Neither of these matter in any way.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #313
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Hi Kevin - I realised from the first post in this thread that the info revealed by setting 'usage' to true was advisory for those seeking perfection and not critical. I was hoping for a quick lead to the source documentation which listed all these 'events' like CSS-024.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
They appear to me to be quite well defined. The first means neither your html tag nor the body tag has an lang="en" (or whatever language the page is in). Unless multiple languages are used, this is not an error or even a warning as the epub metadata defines the lang for the book.
This seems a little surprising to me as each chapter_n.xhtml contains on line 3 :

<html xml:lang="en-GB" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

generated by export from LO Writer w. writer2epub a couple of years' ago. Should I replace "en-GB" with a plain "en"?

I am happy to learn that inline styles are inoffensive.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #314
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's two possible items, lang and xml:lang. Epubcheck only seems to like one of them.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #315
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The current epub spec looks for just the lang attribute not xml::lang and if both are present lang takes precedence.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote