Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Metadata error setting language

Hi, everyone.

I've noticed the following behavior on Metadata Edit dialog:

1) Configure any INDIVIDUAL metadata source plugin (included those bound with calibre) NOT to download LANGUAGES (;

2) Fetch and apply metadata using the configured plugin;

3) Calibre will set the book language the same as your calibre ui language (so, you will only notice if the book is not on the same language as calibre ui, or if the field is empty).

If you change the general setting on the right pannel of the metadata configuration dialog, then it works, but not with individual sources.

Can someone confirm this?

Last edited by thiago.eec; 06-11-2019 at 01:55 PM.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, that's intended behavior. individual plugin settings only affect data from that plugin, not th eoverall process.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yes, that's intended behavior. individual plugin settings only affect data from that plugin, not th eoverall process.
Hi, @Kovid

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'll try to explain again.

I'm using ONLY ONE plugin (Amazon, for instance). Then I configure it to not download language information. The thing is, when I fetch for metadata, my current language data is being ALTERED.

Imagine I am editing a Spanish book and my calibre UI is in English. If I uncheck the 'Languages' option for a plugin and use it to fetch metadata, then my book will have its language ALTERED to English. If its a French book, it turns to English too. English books wont bee affected.

I've tested changing the UI language. If my UI is Portuguese, then all books in English, Spanish, French, will become Portuguese.

That's probably not intended behavior. Is it?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is intended behavior. The metadata system assumes that if no language information is found by any plugin, then the book is most likely the same language as the UI. If you dont want the metadata download system to touch language, untick it in the global prefs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #5
thiago.eec
Guru

Well... ok, then. Thanks for the explanation.
Advert

Tags
error, language, metadata