Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast
DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
Saving books to disk using {author_sort}

In my save preferences my Save Template is {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors} but books are saved in folders named by the author first-name last-name.

e.g. "Beyond Good and Evil" is stored in the folder "Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche\Beyond Good and Evil (1146)" when I want it to be stored in "Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm\Beyond Good and Evil"

I can never rember Nietzsche's first name so the book becomes hard to find.

Calibre seems to be using {authors}/{title}/{title} - {authors} instead of the save template that I have set. I am not sure where the (1146) comes from. Why does Calibre not seem to use the template - is there a way to recify this? (Do I need to re-import all of my books?).
DragonflyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyKing View Post
In my save preferences my Save Template is {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors} but books are saved in folders named by the author first-name last-name.
The various save templates you find in calibre preferences are used for exporting books from calibre's library. Save to disk template is used when you wish to export books from the library to a particular folder. Send to device template is used when you send books to your device.

Quote:
e.g. "Beyond Good and Evil" is stored in the folder "Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche\Beyond Good and Evil (1146)" when I want it to be stored in "Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm\Beyond Good and Evil"
No template allows you to alter the directory/file structure of calibre's library. This data is considered part of calibre's database and is not user configurable. Use calibre's GUI to find the book(s) you're looking for.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast
DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.

Thanks Doc.

I kind of came to that conclusion after posting and having more of a play. I use Sigil to edit books and Balabolka sometimes to read books aloud when I'm dog tired. Thats why I wanted to locate the books outside of Calibre. Its no big deal though so thanks for your confirmation.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I kind of came to that conclusion after posting and having more of a play. I use Sigil to edit books and Balabolka sometimes to read books aloud when I'm dog tired. Thats why I wanted to locate the books outside of Calibre.
You can use the "Open With" calibre plugin to open books in those applications directly from calibre's GUI. I do it for Sigil. There are many Plugins available that can enhance calibre's functionality.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast

Open With is totally fantastic. Thank you for suggesting it. I can now open Sigil, Balabolka and Paint Shop directly from Calibre.

CHEERS!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Open With is totally fantastic. Thank you for suggesting it.
You're Welcome!

Tags
author_sort, save