Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Cleaning content.opf

Hi,

after getting more and more familiar with Python i created another plugin. I do not like having the content.opf file littered with a lot of useless entries, so i'm deleting a lot of them. It will delete all of the calibre related entries, the publisher and the genre. Series will be deleted as well, but you're asked if you want to have an empty series information inserted.

There's no inifile right now, the elements i want to get rid off are hardcoded and are my preferences, so use with care and check if this fits for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CleanOPF_020.zip (2.1 KB, 1970 views)

Last edited by rubeus; 05-14-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: New Version
Old 05-11-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Added this to the official plugin list thread.

KevinH
Advert
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
New Version in #1.

Series Information is now kept if present. ISBN and ASIN are kept as well.

With the help of KevinH and Doitso the mediatype of fontfiles is corrected if wrong.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #4
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Plugin Will not Install

Hi

I have tried to install the plug in but keep getting the following the message.

Error: Plugin plugin.xml is invalid or not supported on your operating system.

I have compared it to the xml files of other plugins but cannot see any obvious problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Hi

I have tried to install the plug in but keep getting the following the message.

Error: Plugin plugin.xml is invalid or not supported on your operating system.

I have compared it to the xml files of other plugins but cannot see any obvious problems.
For me, the same situation.

Thanks bravosx
Advert
Old 09-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Support for Python2.7-only plugins was removed in Sigil v0.9.7.

Unfortunately, this plugin developer is no longer active to update the plugin to be compatible with Python 3.4+.

I'm going to close this thread, since the plugin won't work with the latest versions of Sigil, but the plugin is still downloadable for anyone who wants to try and upgrade it to work with Python 3 for their own personal use (or continue to use it with older versions of Sigil). With no licensing info to go on, I can't in good conscience allow another developer to "take over" the plugin.

I've also moved the plugin to a new "Obsolete" section of the Plugin Index to avoid confusion.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-04-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Closed Thread