Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-29-2016, 05:13 AM   #1
htrej
htrej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Keyboard
Question Filtering Books in Library That Came From Amazon?

Is there a way to filter out books that came particularly from Amazon. That is, specifically the books I bought on amazon and imported. I'm guessing a first step could be to filter out the possible formats like azw3, mobi, and azw4, etc...but, for me, much of my Calibre library contains converted azw3 or mobi books of some sort (i.e. non-retail). A lot of these converted books probably weren't converted by Calibre either. In addition, there are other miscellaneous book formats that could be mixed in.

Is there any "tag" amazon puts on books like the Adobe meta tag? I know the Quality Check plugin works well for filtering out retail EPUBs, but this only works for EPUBs (not even MOBIs, I think?)... but I was wondering if this kind of "quality checking" could be done for Amazon books.
htrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon books typically have a mobi-asin identifier. You can filter on that.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You could perhaps filter on books which have the Amazon ASIN field filled in?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 AM   #4
htrej
htrej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Keyboard
Quick question though:

If I in the past downloaded metadata for all of my books, would that affect the identifiers you guys are suggesting? I forgot to mention this in my original post. Does metadata search download those identifiers even if the book isn't from amazon?
htrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No metadata download creates amazon: identifiers not mobi-asin: identifiers
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use a tag-like field for personal auxiliary stuff that does not get included in the jacket (suppressed); One of these is Source store: Amazon USA, Webscriptions [yes, that is the old name for Baen e-book], Diesel...
Other folk track things like Cost: US$0.99
Learn to be consistent if you can't use a column with a fixed set of values to keep your data really usable
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote