Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Cyndall
Cyndall is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505 and 700
Question Problems with BookDesigner for Sony 505

I had it loaded and it worked fine for months, then stoppd working. I deleted it and reloaded version 4 and there is no 'convert to sony' button now.
What do i do to get back the button? Thank you!
Cyndall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Stupid questions. From the start:
  • What version of Windows are you running?
  • If Vista, are your administrator privs set and the correct directories respecified?
  • Did you install the base version of BookDesigner and then unzip the update on top of of the installed version?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To get Book Designer working, read and follow the directions in the following two threads. Read both threads in their entirety just to be sure you have all the info you may need.

Book Designer
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786

Book Cleaner
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
After using BookDesigner for almost a year I had to rebuild my computer after the hard disk failed. I thought I knew what I was doing and proceeded to mess things up quite a bit. Long story short, I used the threads Jon referenced and it has worked fine ever since.

While you can run BookDesigner without the Book Cleaner files installed, the better question is, "Why would you want to?" They are simple to install, quick to install, and make the book development process look a lot better. Jon worked with vvv, the developer of BookDesigner, to create the Book Cleaner files presented in the referenced thread. Thanks Jon.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
Cyndall
Cyndall is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505 and 700
Smile Thank You!

Wow that was fast, I am going to read those threads right now.
Thank you both, it's great to have people who know hom to answer.
Cyndall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
After using BookDesigner for almost a year I had to rebuild my computer after the hard disk failed. I thought I knew what I was doing and proceeded to mess things up quite a bit. Long story short, I used the threads Jon referenced and it has worked fine ever since.
I am quite pleased at all the help we've had getting Book Cleaner installed and working under different situations.

Quote:
While you can run BookDesigner without the Book Cleaner files installed, the better question is, "Why would you want to?" They are simple to install, quick to install, and make the book development process look a lot better. Jon worked with vvv, the developer of BookDesigner, to create the Book Cleaner files presented in the referenced thread. Thanks Jon.
And HarryT and one other person helped. I just cannot remember. But if you read the complete Book Cleaner thread, you'll find out who. Anyway, with the Book Cleaner files, you get much nicer books then you would otherwise.

You are very welcome. If I recall correctly, I asked vvv how to preserve the emdashes and he told me to use Book Cleaner. I think it was because of looking at one of Partricia's eBooks that got me to post it my Book Cleaner files I think.

Anyway, I'm glad everything we have now is what we need to get everything to work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote