Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
ljrkrispes
Enthusiast
ljrkrispes began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
Can't get books from Dropbox to Marvin

Suddenly my books will upload from Calibre to Dropbox, but can't get them into Marvin--I hit get books and nothing shows up. It's like the link between Marvin and Calibre is broken. Any suggestions? Can I switch to another Dropbox in Marvin--would that help? Thanks much...
ljrkrispes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I think the latest update for Marvin did something with the dropbox connection...sorry don't remember exactly what it was. I would try deleting the old connection and then reconnect. FWIW I haven't had any issues with dropbox and I have the latest iOS/Marvin versions. Although I only use dropbox for syncing my reading position and not for getting books.

If you are using Calibre already, why not just download your books directly from Calibre Server instead of using Dropbox as a middleman??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
The Dropbox server is always on, you just need a wifi connection to download from it. For Calibre server, we have to provide our own server, and personally I do not want to keep my PC switched on all time just for that. Sometimes I only use my PC at the weekend.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
incumbent
Opinionator
incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / iPad Mini Retina • iBooks (macOS, iOS) & Marvin
I usually get my books onto my device via BitTorrent Sync instead of Dropbox, but I'll see if I can replicate here. The earlier suggestion of removing the Dropbox account and then adding it again will probably fix it for you.
incumbent is offline   Reply With Quote