Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
WizkidTX
WizkidTX began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy
Possible Error / Enhancement - Book Editor, Spell Check Right-Click Sub-Menu

While correcting my collection of eBooks, I noticed that the right-click menu in the eBook editor did not suggest words from my user / custom dictionaries.

My user / custom dictionaries are marked as active.

I was wondering if I had missed a setting, or had my editor incorrectly set-up to auto-suggest words from my custom dictionaries when using the right-click auto-suggest sub-menu in the Calibre eBook Editor?

Thank you for your time and help in advance.
WizkidTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:19 AM   #2
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
That occasionally happens when the dictionary has no clue about a word due to the fact that it is either badly misspelled or totally unknown. Most dictionaries however allow you to add new words so that it can be recognized (and suggested) a next time.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
WizkidTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
That occasionally happens when the dictionary has no clue about a word due to the fact that it is either badly misspelled or totally unknown. Most dictionaries however allow you to add new words so that it can be recognized (and suggested) a next time.
Thank you for your response: DrChiper.

However, the problem is not with the standard English Dictionary. I have custom dictionaries. My original problem was that the suggested correct words in the right-click sub menu was not suggesting the words from my user dictionaries. I do not think the problem lies with the spell checker not finding the words in my dictionary, not when the spelling mistake was an '1' substitution for the letter 'i'.

Does the eBook Editor even suggest words in the right click sub menu?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizkidTX View Post
Thank you for your response: DrChiper.

However, the problem is not with the standard English Dictionary. I have custom dictionaries. My original problem was that the suggested correct words in the right-click sub menu was not suggesting the words from my user dictionaries. I do not think the problem lies with the spell checker not finding the words in my dictionary, not when the spelling mistake was an '1' substitution for the letter 'i'.

Does the eBook Editor even suggest words in the right click sub menu?

Thanks again for your help.
Right click on the underlined (in red) word (assumes you are in the code view)
or
use the spell check dialog the right side has the suggestions for the word highlighted on the left
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
WizkidTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Right click on the underlined (in red) word (assumes you are in the code view)
or
use the spell check dialog the right side has the suggestions for the word highlighted on the left
Reply: theducks

Yes, I do understand how to use the right-click menu in the code editor to correct spelling, and I also know how to use the spellchecker. Than you for the suggestion.

However, this does not answer my question. How do I get the spell checker or the right-click sub-menu in code editor to suggest words from my user / custom dictionaries?

Currently, neither the spellchecker or the right-click sub-menu in the code editor suggest from user dictionaries.
Advert
Old 07-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If by user dictionary you mean the manually added wordlists (as opposed to .oxt dictionaries you download and install), then no, you cant get suggestions from them. The spell check library calibre uses, hunspell, doesn't really support that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually, looking over the hunspell API, there may be a way to get it to work after all, stay tuned...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
And he did it!

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...d6e0cc622c01a1

So this should show up in an upcoming calibre v2.33.0 -- calibre is released most Fridays.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook editor, spellcheck, spelling suggestions