Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #211
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
So basically you have this group who felt sufficiently victimised and powerless that they create their own group elsewhere to continue the "good fight" and now that they've won a victory they're using that to exact revenge?

It's like the Hatfields and the McCoys isn't it?
It does remind me a feud but most of those reviewers just have ignore the the blog thinking they didn't really hold any true power. They may still not they could just be flooding GR with demands and acting like someone is reading their blog. All I know is Amazon needs to step in and hire staff to fix the mess. Actions speak louder than words and right now it looks like GR is taking sides.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #212
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Those screenshots are too tiny!

I have now seen valid proof through someone I trust and yes she did copy scenes from the Dusty FanFic. It's not very obvious as first but she slipped up a few times and left too many words similar that when you run them through a compare software it catches them.

No one has posted the parts I saw but they are too identical not to be copied unlike the quotes posted which show some similarities these are nearly word for word which are no doubt in my mind copied.
The person who made the initial review stated that she didn't finish the book. She presented 8 instances of similar fragments and invited people to make their own decisions. She left the decision and accusation in the hands of higher powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
And...?

I've already responded to that and the detail really wasn't significant to my impressions, nor to my opinions about the behaviours of either group in the discussion - especially because my impressions were received when I actually read the thread and at that time the sequence of events would have been more obvious to me.

Are we actually disagreeing about anything? Because it seems like you're trying really hard to disprove something; as if a misremembered detail in the sequence of events somehow invalidates the case in a court of law. Are you particularly sensitive about this event?
It's a misremembered detail on top of a misremembered sequence of events. And the way you presented the sequence is matched by the way it was presented in the media, so there was some type of mass delusion distorting the sequence for many. And you say that the sequence doesn't matter, but it does.

Imagine this situation: X's foot is sticking out and trips Y. Y makes a comment about people sticking their feet out, other people get involved there is a huge argument after which X apologies for the placement of the foot and tries to leave and put the whole mess behind.

The situation is not the same as saying: X's foot is sticking out and trips Y. Other people get involved there is a huge argument after which X apologies for the placement of the foot and tries to leave and put the whole mess behind and someone makes a comment about people sticking their feet out.

The situation is that X made a mistake and didn't apologize for it until the whole thing became a mess.

If the sequence of events is presented differently and the person who got tripped making a comment after being tripped becomes in this new presentation a random person who made a comment after X apologized and tried to stop the mess and leave it isn't the same thing.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #213
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
The person who made the initial review stated that she didn't finish the book. She presented 8 instances of similar fragments and invited people to make their own decisions. She left the decision and accusation in the hands of higher powers.
The problem with that no one actually went through the book more because it was pulled. The screenshot to that one site showing comparisons is to another book or fanfic of hers not sure...

I am convinced that she copied Dusty in the book Wait For Summer. She has changed it alot but once you get to the romantic scenes there is no question she copied that part. You see a sex scene is an author's fingerprint. No two authors writes one alike. I have reads hundreds maybe even in the thousands of these types of scenes and none of them have ever been alike. I think this because we all have our own experience and interpretation of what sex should be and write it according to that. So when you get to those parts in the book the two scenes from Dusty and Wait For the Summer are nearly identical not just similar.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #214
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
The problem with that no one actually went through the book more because it was pulled. The screenshot to that one site showing comparisons is to another book or fanfic of hers not sure...
Actually at least 2 people went through the book as they bought it before it was pulled. But I guess that when/if they commented on it they weren't polite and the posts are gone. One person said that she was at 6% early in the thread, and another person is quoted as saying: "its all throughout the book stops after about 60%"

Quote:
I am convinced that she copied Dusty in the book Wait For Summer. She has changed it alot but once you get to the romantic scenes there is no question she copied that part. You see a sex scene is an author's fingerprint. No two authors writes one alike. I have reads hundreds maybe even in the thousands of these types of scenes and none of them have ever been alike. I think this because we all have our own experience and interpretation of what sex should be and write it according to that. So when you get to those parts in the book the two scenes from Dusty and Wait For the Summer are nearly identical not just similar.
She was accused to plagiarizing a sex scene in another book as well, again from fanfiction. Maybe she just can't write sex scenes.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #215
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
You know I went to STGB after you post this and guess what I saw. I list of shelves they wanted deleted and the ones you mention were on that list. They asked their followers to email GR with that list.
Just to be clear: Are you talking about the STGRB blog ("Stop the Goodreads Bullies")? I looked for it out of idle curiosity and that seems to be the one you're talking about.

If so, I think I've seen enough. Back to work!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #216
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Just to be clear: Are you talking about the STGRB blog ("Stop the Goodreads Bullies")? I looked for it out of idle curiosity and that seems to be the one you're talking about.

If so, I think I've seen enough. Back to work!
Yes that is it. If you ever need a drama fix there you go!