Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
VACaver
VACaver began at the beginning.

Device: none
Page formatting...

I'm curious...is there a way to re-format the pages of an e-book to increase the margin space?

I downloaded many books and the print goes right up against the edges of my screen, which makes it very awkward to read. I'd like to have at least a little space and wonder if there's a way to increase the margins.

Thanks!!!
VACaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACaver View Post
I'm curious...is there a way to re-format the pages of an e-book to increase the margin space?
What is the device (nook or Nook Color)? Where did you get the books?
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
VACaver
VACaver began at the beginning.

Device: none
Regular Nook. I think I downloaded the books from Adelaide...
VACaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Ken Irving
Writer
Ken Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Nook "1st Edition" Wireless, Nook4PC, NookStudy, Kindle4PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACaver View Post

I downloaded many books and the print goes right up against the edges of my screen, which makes it very awkward to read. I'd like to have at least a little space and wonder if there's a way to increase the margins.

Thanks!!!
The Nook uses a standard margin that needs to be specified in pixels (which won't be affected by font changes). The only way to reformat a file is to open it up and edit with something like Clibre's "tweak epub." Adding this instruction at the beginning of the main style sheet:

@page {30px 30px 20px 30px;}

This will remedy the problem for many files, but not all. If you're not into editing epub files I don't think there's another option.
Ken Irving is offline   Reply With Quote