Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
Removing indent for individual paragraphs

Hello,

I'm trying to remove an indent for a single paragraph, but no matter what I try I'm not successful. The paragraph class is "p3" and it seems to be set this way by default (I imported the file from Scrivener). Do I need to change the paragraph classification, and then add something to my style sheet? If yes, can anyone help with the code?

Thank you!
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
This appears to be a EPUB / CSS question. Moving to correct forum.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alda View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to remove an indent for a single paragraph, but no matter what I try I'm not successful. The paragraph class is "p3" and it seems to be set this way by default (I imported the file from Scrivener). Do I need to change the paragraph classification, and then add something to my style sheet? If yes, can anyone help with the code?

Thank you!
Let's suppose that you have in your .html file the following code:

Code:
<p class="p3">Some text indented...</p>
Then, do the following:

1. In your css stylesheet, write:

Code:
.noindent {
    text-indent: 0;
}
2. In your .html file, where you want that the paragraphs are not indented, add the following code:

Code:
<p class="p3 noindent">Some text indented but now will be not indented...</p>
That should fix your issues. In the case that you want that all the paragraphs with the "p3" class are not indented, then instead of the previous solution, in your css stylesheet do the following:

1. Locate the place where is the "p3" class. You'll find something like:

Code:
.p3 {
... some declarations
...  "        "
}
2. Inside the p3 class, where you read the property "text-indent: any number;" change it by "text-indent: 0;". If you can't find that property, then write it yourself: "text-indent: 0;"

3. Save your changes.

After that, all the paragraphs with the "p3" class should be not indented.

Regards
Rubén

}

Last edited by RbnJrg; 07-15-2013 at 03:30 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
1. Locate the place where is the "p3" class. You'll find something like:

Code:
.p3 {
... some declarations
...  "        "
}
2. Inside the p3 class, where you read the property "text-indent: any number;" change it by "text-indent: 0;". If you can't find that property, then write it yourself: "text-indent: 0;"
In the latter case, make sure that the property *before* your new one ends with a semicolon (;), or add your new property as the first one. (This is basic CSS syntax.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote