Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #76
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The Fire caches the Apps to the download folder on the Fire. if you uses ES File Explorer navigate to this folder and you will see all the Apps downloaded using ES File Explorer. LONG press (press and hold) any file and you will receive a pop-up menu from which you can delete files individually; or you can use multi-select (+) to select multiple files and LONG press the last one to delete multiple files. If the ES File Explorer toolbar is not visible, touch the small icon in the upper right corner.
I did not install that Es file thing but have installed a few apps from the freeware android site and once i install them were able to delete the apk files. Whats killing me is i installed that da.. OI calender apk file it installed it but its no where to be found and no way of looking for it to uninstall it.

I think its a widget the exact name is this : OI Calendar Picker

Last edited by OscuridadBonita; 11-20-2011 at 08:08 PM.
OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #77
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscuridadBonita View Post
I did not install that Es file thing but have installed a few apps from the freeware android site and once i install them were able to delete the apk files. Whats killing me is i installed that da.. OI calender apk file it installed it but its no where to be found and no way of looking for it to uninstall it.
I cannot help out with that, but I was able to install CalenGoo and it works well. But it isn't free. It does sync with Google calendars though whereas many calendar apps cannot do that on the Fire because the Fire doesn't run Google services.
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #78
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
It's probably a widget. Widgets wont work on the Kindle Fire using the default Launcher.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #79
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:

Do yourself a favor and get a copy of WiFi File Explorer Pro. This makes it much easier to transfer and manage files using a web browser on a PC connected to a wireless network. I know you aren't able to buy from the Amazon App Store so an older version can be downloaded here:

http://download.pandaapp.com/android....3-id4561.html

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 06:53 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #80
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The Fire will cache some Apps to the Download folder on the Fire. Use ES File Explorer to navigate to this folder and you should see all App installation packages downloaded. These are not required to be kept after the App is installed. These will eat up valuable storage space on the Fire. The best place to keep the Apps is on your PC and if you ever need to reinstall an App you simply transfer it back, install it, and delete the install file from the Fire.

LONG press (press and hold) any file and you will receive a pop-up menu from which you can delete files individually; or you can use multi-select (+) to select multiple files and LONG press the last one to delete multiple files. If the ES File Explorer toolbar is not visible, touch the small icon in the upper right corner.

Do yourself a favor and get a copy of WiFi File Explorer Pro. This makes it much easier to transfer and manage files using a web browser. The latest version can be purchased from Amazon for 99 cents. An older version can be downloaded here so you can try before you buy:

http://download.pandaapp.com/android....3-id4561.html
I can't find a Downloads folder. I'm thinking by using ES File Explorer it just installs the app from my computer and doesn't actually copy it over. I just find the app on my computer, tap it and it installs.

There are apk files in system/app folder. There are ones there that came installed on the fire, but those are needed in the system folder correct.

I'm new to Android.

I did buy the WiFi file explorer pro app.

Edited: I created a folder 'Downloads' with ES File Explorer. Maybe I should copy the apk files to it and then install so I can delete them in case they are being copied someplace unknown during the installations.

Thanks,
Carol

Last edited by sadievan; 11-20-2011 at 07:53 PM.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #81
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's probably a widget. Widgets wont work on the Kindle Fire using the default Launcher.
Thank you all for your help and replies and all the info, and yes blossom my dumb self just realized its a widgets, when i installed it i thought it was a calender its what i get for not paying attention.There seem to be no way to find it or uninstall it but its small so not gonna worry about it plus its not doing any damage as far as i can tell.
Thanks again to all.

I think its a widget the exact name is this: OI Calendar Picker

Last edited by OscuridadBonita; 11-20-2011 at 08:09 PM.
OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #82
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I can't find a Downloads folder. I'm thinking by using ES File Explorer it just installs the app from my computer and doesn't actually copy it over. I just find the app on my computer, tap it and it installs.

There are apk files in system/app folder. There are ones there that came installed on the fire, but those are needed in the system folder correct.

I'm new to Android.

Edited: I created a folder 'Downloads' with ES File Explorer. Maybe I should copy the apk files to it and then install so I can delete them in case they are being copied someplace unknown during the installations.

Thanks,
Carol

Look using ES File Explorer or WiFi Explorer Pro. There should be a folder called Download (no s), when you download Apps online and outside the Amazon Store. If all you have used is ES File Explorer you may not have this folder. When you download Apps online there may be some stray install packages here which can be safely deleted.

Creating folders and transferring and managing files using WiFi File Explorer is an excellent idea because it allows you to control and know where files are going.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 08:52 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you all for your help and replies and all the info, and yes blossom my dumb self just realized its a widgets, when i installed it i thought it was a calender its what i get for not paying attention.There seem to be no way to find it or uninstall it but its small so not gonna worry about it plus its not doing any damage as far as i can tell.
Thanks again to all.

I think its a widget the exact name is this: OI Calendar Picker
You should be able to get rid of it. Look under all applications. Not third party.

From it's developer This is an extension for other applications. It will not launch by itself.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #84
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

I'm new to Android.

Thanks,
Carol
If you're using the LAN feature and install from your PC the apk files wont be on your Fire. It's the same way with Dropbox.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #85
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you're using the LAN feature and install from your PC the apk files wont be on your Fire. It's the same way with Dropbox.
Thanks. I am using the LAN feature.

Carol
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #86
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xari View Post
Hi There,

You do have to open that app, so I just put it on the first bookshelf under my carousel for easy access.

That said, I did end up giving the app that Blossom mentioned a try. I didn't like having to go into the status bar to access it, so I just pinned it to the first bookshelf and now I can turn on/off the WiFi just by touching it once! (No opening an app; no going into the Status Bar!)

Woot!
I just re-read what you wrote. The first time I read it I thought you pinned the app from Amazon in the open state so you could just click it on/off. I have been trying to figure out how to get it on the Favorites shelf in the open state. I am sooo new to Android.

I installed the one that Blossom mentioned. Seems to work good.

Carol
Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hi There,

You do have to open that app, so I just put it on the first bookshelf under my carousel for easy access.

That said, I did end up giving the app that Blossom mentioned a try. I didn't like having to go into the status bar to access it, so I just pinned it to the first bookshelf and now I can turn on/off the WiFi just by touching it once! (No opening an app; no going into the Status Bar!)

Woot!
That how I use it too but it's great to be able from inside any app to turn WiFi off from the notifications bar as well. The Lock app does the same thing. Add it your favorites and put your Fire into sleep mode with a simple touch. I have them side by side each other.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #88
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
I just re-read what you wrote. The first time I read it I thought you pinned the app from Amazon in the open state so you could just click it on/off. I have been trying to figure out how to get it on the Favorites shelf in the open state. I am sooo new to Android.

I installed the one that Blossom mentioned. Seems to work good.

Carol
LOL. Yeah, this is my first Android device as well, so I'm learning as I go. Thank goodness for Amazon having used the KISS principle and for the helpful people on this board!

Last edited by xari; 11-21-2011 at 03:23 PM.
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #89
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, this is my first Android device as well, so I'm learning as I go. Thank goodness for Amazon having used the KISS principle and for the hlepful people on this board!

Carol
Old 11-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #90
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Does anyone have a link to the nook App installer? From a trusted site?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote