Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #91
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Oh, I hate to do this...showing my age here....but who ARE those men?
The one on the left is Graham Chapman (may he rest in peace), and the one on the right is John Cleese, both from Monty Python's Flying Circus. The question is. are you too old or too young to know that?

Last edited by banjobama; 03-17-2010 at 08:49 AM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #92
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
LOL! OK, now I know who they are! I never watched Flying Circus, but I loved their movies (Life of Brian, Holy Grail, etc.)....didn't recognize them in that photo. As for my age, let's just say that when "And Now For Something Completely Different" was released, I wasn't born yet.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #93
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Life of Brian was just wonderful...so funny (and profound) in places, it's hard to fault.
Notice I was able to post without plugging? The drugs are definitely working...
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #94
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
LOL! OK, now I know who they are! I never watched Flying Circus, but I loved their movies (Life of Brian, Holy Grail, etc.)....didn't recognize them in that photo. As for my age, let's just say that when "And Now For Something Completely Different" was released, I wasn't born yet.
Ah! As for me, when The Holy Grail came out, it played as a double feature (yes, Virginia, theaters used to give you two movies for one price) with Mel Brooks' The Twelve Chairs (not a classic, but still very funny) and my buddies and I, who were all college age at the time, went to see it at least a dozen times. Even after all those viewings, all I had to do was look at Patsy, Arthur's coconut clapping squire, and it would crack me up.

And now for some Shameless Promotion. Here is the beginning of a review from Amazon UK, Yes, even in the home of Monty Python, they love Boomerang:

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed like a drain..., 18 Jun 2009
By Simon Million - See all my reviews
I laughed like a drain reading Boomerang. This is a superb globe-trotting jet-setting farce that had me turning pages and staying up far too late, skipping work and finding hiding places in which I could read undisturbed.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #95
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Another brazen display...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #96
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there a congregation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davison View Post
Another brazen display...
Well, I figure since it is just a tolerant, select few loitering about this place, brazen behavior isn't a problem.

If anyone else (ooh, look! a Reader!) happens across this thread, feel free to purchase our books. You will be doing a public service and improving your own life immeasurably. In what ways I cannot say. You'll have to find out for yourself.

Doesn't that sound exciting?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #97
davison
Working On It

Readers? A novel concept (no pun intended).
Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #98
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

For Author Appreciation Week, I appreciate that we are all shamelessly promoting ourselves in this thread!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #99
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
It's nice to have a place to spout off all the things you think are great about your book without being called a horse's ass. I'm enjoying reading it all very much! Plus, I buy something, on average, the second time I'm told about it.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #100
davison
Working On It

Thanks guys, I now feel able (in this supportive environment) to blow my own trumpet as loud as I want, knowing you won't think bad of me. A kind of AA for publicity hungry authors. This where I belong!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #101
davidhburton
Addict

Yeah, I'd rather do it here than clog up the rest of the boards with my shameless spam!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #102
davison
Working On It

I love the term Shameless Spam....I think I connect with it on some deep level..
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #103
davidhburton
Addict

We should can that!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #104
plumboz
Novelist

Whoops! Here I thought it would take at least a couple of days for any submitted changes to take effect at all of the places that sell Boomerang, but Smashwords is quick as can be. So....Amazon and B&N (at least for now) are the places where you can still get it for $1.99. I have no idea how long it will take them to post the new price. But I do know the action on Amazon has taken a sudden turn for the, well, more active.

Get it while you can at $1.99, then tell all your friends, family and coworkers what a great book they too can have for just $4.99. You'll still be doing them a favor. And supporting the Arts. Which is a good thing.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #105
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm still cracking up reading your back and forth banter with shameless book plugging mixed in. (It goes well with my morning coffee)

Psst.... I think you have many more reading this thread than you think..
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	701
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	48269<-- click me
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo