Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
in the end I am gonna wait for the que.

QUE ProReader is 8.5" x 11",

largest screen available as per their website.

lightest reader per weight ratio (i think)

3G

and price is crazy, but so am i about ereaders.

thanks folks.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post

lightest reader per weight ratio (i think)

3G

and price is crazy, but so am i about ereaders.

thanks folks.
Same here. Skiff is tempting as well, though.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
skiff, looks good, maybe more vaporish than que though. would like a skiff today.

darn, i say. bring these items out to market. ipad getting too strong. (i have one for browsing only)
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
Mach1.9pants
Mach1.9pants doesn't litterMach1.9pants doesn't litter

Device: DR1000S
but it (like the iPad) has no card slot and a max of 8GB!?!??! I already have nearly 12GB of books and PDFs. That is a poor decision.
Mach1.9pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post

Just to clarify - 8.5x11" is the size of the device itself, not the screen. The screen is 10.7" - very slightly larger than that of the iRex DR1000S.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I'm still sitting on a Pre-order for the Que for (hopefully) the end of the month. It will primarily be used by DH. When he goes on Business trips it is usually 2 briefcases of paper and he'd really like to lighten the load. He's tried putting them on his laptop but it just doesn't seem to work out for him.

If he doesn't end up liking it --- well I love to read the Economist on the weekends.

The price makes me want to puke though.

I'll do a review if and when we ever get it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
. It will primarily be used by DH.

My curiosity is getting the better of me. DH is what ... DumbHusband; DreamyHunk; DyspepticHibernian .....?
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I guess that would depend on the day of the week, my current mood levels, and whether or not he's picked up his dirty underwear and left the toilet seat down.

But in general

Dear Husband
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Lucky man. I think I'm afraid to ask my wife if she has any pet acronym's for me.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
masmullin
masmullin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 Sony
DH = designated hitter

batter up! hes gonna bunt, heheheh I have a dirty mind.
masmullin is offline   Reply With Quote