Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #35326
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to keep my eyes open. The students next door had a party last night and although it wasn't loud enough to complain about (not that that would have helped) is was apparently loud enough for me not feel fall asleep all the way. I woke up at 5.30 am and I still heard music softly! I'm now hoping the cold will keep the customers away and it'll be a quiet day, though chances are very slim of that happening.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 AM   #35327
Contortionist
Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
killing time.
Contortionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #35328
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Preparing a sacrifice to the Road Gods... They spared me once again.
This afternoon I was going down the road, and I saw a car backing out of driveway. It was going slowly so I didn't pay it much attention. But as I got closer, I noticed that the driver, a teenaged girl, was texting on her mobile phone! I was going too fast to stop before the driveway, so I goosed the throttle and shot past it just in case she wasn't planning on stopping. Good thing too, as she cleared my back fender by about 50 centemeters and continued backing right across my lane and into the far lane where she T-boned a car! Thank you, Road Gods, for keeping me safe!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-12-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #35329
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This afternoon I was going down the road, and I saw a car backing out of driveway. It was going slowly so I didn't pay it much attention. But as I got closer, I noticed that the driver, a teenaged girl, was texting on her mobile phone! I was going to fast to stop before the driveway, so I goosed the throttle and shot past it just in case she wasn't planning on stopping. Good thing too, as she cleared my back fender by about 50 centemeters and continued backing right across my lane and into the far lane where she T-boned a car! Thank you, Road Gods, for keeping me safe!

Stitchawl
Whew!!! Glad you're ok!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #35330
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
it's 1F here right now.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #35331
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This afternoon I was going down the road, and I saw a car backing out of driveway. It was going slowly so I didn't pay it much attention. But as I got closer, I noticed that the driver, a teenaged girl, was texting on her mobile phone! I was going to fast to stop before the driveway, so I goosed the throttle and shot past it just in case she wasn't planning on stopping. Good thing too, as she cleared my back fender by about 50 centemeters and continued backing right across my lane and into the far lane where she T-boned a car! Thank you, Road Gods, for keeping me safe!

Stitchawl
I hope they take away her texting license!

Glad you are okay!
(hope every one was as well)
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #35332
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
it's 1F here right now.

It will be here again, soon enough I'm sure. But the respite from "normal" winter weather here sure is nice.

I should probably go back to bed sometime in the very near future.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #35333
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
This afternoon I was going down the road, and I saw a car backing out of driveway. It was going slowly so I didn't pay it much attention. But as I got closer, I noticed that the driver, a teenaged girl, was texting on her mobile phone! I was going too fast to stop before the driveway, so I goosed the throttle and shot past it just in case she wasn't planning on stopping. Good thing too, as she cleared my back fender by about 50 centemeters and continued backing right across my lane and into the far lane where she T-boned a car! Thank you, Road Gods, for keeping me safe!
Glad you're OK, Stitchawl.

Thank the road gods if you wish, but also congratulate yourself a little on your observation and defensive driving skills.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #35334
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

Stitchawl
Remind me of my wife - one of her first driving experiences was reversing off her parents' drive right into a neighbour's car on the opposite side of the road. Loud music was the culprit in her case. Glad to hear you made it safely through, and plus one for your observational skills.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #35335
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
If it wasn't 1 a.m. and I wasn't exhausted from working til midnight, I'd be outside in a lawn chair enjoying the fact that it's January in Illinois and it is above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It won't last long...back to the deepfreeze in a couple of days.
Really warm here too! My sister convinced me we need to go kayaking today while it's so warm. I'm a little apprehensive -- I'm still in therapy for my shoulder and I'm not sure I should do it. I told her I'll go but I might just float a few feet off shore and she can do laps of the lake if she wants to.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #35336
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Really warm here too! My sister convinced me we need to go kayaking today while it's so warm. I'm a little apprehensive -- I'm still in therapy for my shoulder and I'm not sure I should do it. I told her I'll go but I might just float a few feet off shore and she can do laps of the lake if she wants to.
You stick to your guns!

Don't fall in!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #35337
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Dark temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
it's 1F here right now.

Somewhere in the world recently the temperature has been less than absolute zero.

Reality just keeps getting stranger.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #35338
kennyc

That link is just the climate change deniers at work. I refuse to believe it!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #35339
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
We are going for a hike with Lucas today. Right now he is playing, I am eating, and hubby is sleeping.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #35340
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Take care of that shoulder, Betty, but have some fun of course.

After weeks and weeks of rain, it is dry today, but........minus one degree.
I just packed all my detective- and other pocketbooks in boxes. I am saving up for an iPad mini and the secondhand bookstore promissed me 50 cents per book, and I will deliver about 800= about 400 euro,and I've got money from my birthday about 150 euro, so my goal is near in sight, I hope.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?