Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How many Times are You Allowed to Download Movies?

I know its 6 Downloads for eBooks then you lose them & have to re-buy. I have a few Amazon Movies Planning on buying more. BUT Before I do need to know How many times I be allowed to Download them? Anyone have a clue? I cant seem to find out thru Amazon. Also Same Question about Audible Audiobooks?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Hi Katie,

There isn't a download limit on ebooks or movies you buy.

The "6" limit you are referring to is having the same purchased ebook downloaded to 6 devices at once. This is to prevent you from buying a book and letting 500 of your closest friends download it together.
6 devices can have the book....if a 7th device wants the book, it has to be removed from one of the others first.

However, you could download the book, delete it from your Kindle and redownload it as many times as you want.

I believe the same goes for movies but I don't know if its a 6 device limit or less. 6 Fires registered to one account would be a bunch!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I know its 6 Downloads for eBooks then you lose them & have to re-buy.
You don't lose books and have to rebuy them after six downloads. Many books only allow you to have them on six devices at the same time, perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Quote:
Also Same Question about Audible Audiobooks?
For Audible you can have up to four computers plus three of each device type active at one time. You can free up activations by deactivating devices that are no longer current.
http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...e-with-audible
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well since I HAVE Downloaded some of my ebooks 6 times to SAME device then on the 7th Been told No! Only way to get lic to re-read them again is to re buy them .... I say your WRONG! Others on MR have commented the same so its not just me.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

That seems rather odd. Ive had more than 6 Kindles and devices, way more, and if that rule was true then I would not have been able to DLed purchaed books to all of them. Over time I purchased many new Kindles/devices and at some point I passed 6. Many of those Kindles/devices are now sold and no longer registered to me. I've never encountered that issue, so perhaps there is something else going on which you need to contact Amazon about.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-15-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Well since I HAVE Downloaded some of my ebooks 6 times to SAME device then on the 7th Been told No! Only way to get lic to re-read them again is to re buy them .... I say your WRONG! Others on MR have commented the same so its not just me.
Katie,

I don't know what to tell you there. I've got 5 Kindles registered to my account and have downloaded many books more than 6 times between devices (not even counting earlier generation Kindles no longer on the account) and I have never had a problem.

Have you tried downloading the books to Kindle for PC as one of your 6 downloads and then sideload the book via USB?

What error do you get when you try the 7th download?
Sorry for the questions, I've been around Mobileread for a while and have never heard this problem before.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Last one they deleted from my account said .... You no longer have the right to this ebook. Something like that. A few weeks ago in a thread some one said that same thing happened to them some one else posted the Amazon Statement about downloads. Will look later right now have a Drs appt.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

I would check with CS about that. It could just be that the book was withdrawn by the publisher, which would be unrelated to DL times, or some other issue. To limit DLing to 6 times would totally negate the concept of a Cloud. Hell, some of the folks who bought Paperwhites had nearly that many of them sent trying to get a good one. They would have maxed out on DLs in a hurry. And others have had at least 6 factory resets over the many kindles they have owned.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-15-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
As someone with a large archive and many devices I can tell you can download any book unlimited times. The book may have restrictions on how many devices at one time the same book can be on but there is no download limit on any book whatsoever.

From Amazon's Kindle Download Help Page:
Quote:
Downloading Content to Multiple Kindle Devices

Content purchased from the Kindle Store can be downloaded to your Kindle device or free Kindle reading application as long as you've registered the device or app to the same Amazon.com account from which the Kindle content was purchased. There is no limit on the number of times a title can be downloaded to a registered device or application, but there may be limits on the number of devices or applications (usually six) that can simultaneously use a single book.

That means you can download and read your books on any Kindle device you own or Kindle reading application as long you've registered each device or application to the Amazon.com account where your Kindle Library is stored.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-15-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I would check with CS about that. It could just be that the book was withdrawn by the publisher, which would be unrelated to DL times, or some other issue. To limit DLing to 6 times would totally negate the concept of a Cloud. Hell, some of the folks who bought Paperwhites had nearly that many of them sent trying to get a good one. They would have maxed out on DLs in a hurry. And others have had at least 6 factory resets over the many kindles they have owned.
Even if the publisher removes it. You still have access to the book in your archive. I can't even began to tell you how many books I own that either had the ASIN changed or were removed. I still can download them without a problem.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
I know its 6 Downloads for eBooks then you lose them & have to re-buy. I have a few Amazon Movies Planning on buying more. BUT Before I do need to know How many times I be allowed to Download them? Anyone have a clue? I cant seem to find out thru Amazon. Also Same Question about Audible Audiobooks?
What? I've never heard of a download limit. A device limit ... maybe ... but not for dowloads.
(oh and this is books I'm speaking of, but I don't know there is a limit on purchased videos either though)

Last edited by kennyc; 11-15-2012 at 03:05 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
For Video limits see this page.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Blossom at least I know Movies are safe

I could not find the thread! All I know as it was 1 subjest then it changed & 2-3 people said they lost ebooks after the 6 downloads. & I Know I lost in 18 months 5 ebooks! Lucky for me the ones they took were freebies. One of the reasons I Quit buying ebooks until I finally learned to remove DRM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom at least I know Movies are safe

I could not find the thread! All I know as it was 1 subjest then it changed & 2-3 people said they lost ebooks after the 6 downloads. & I Know I lost in 18 months 5 ebooks! Lucky for me the ones they took were freebies. One of the reasons I Quite buying ebooks until I finally learned to remove DRM.
There was an archive issues a few months back. It wasn't the books was pulled but books went missing. Kindle support can restore them though. I had it happen to me. I blame database corruption. It happen when they went playing with the MYK page and added a bunch of changes. This can happen with large archives so yes back up your books!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Mine didnt get deleted all at once it was 1 here then another a few weeks later etc. IF it been a system failure I sure some one would have given a heads up. All I remember is when they vanished the message said I reached my limits & they were gone from my PC K3 & Account page!