tinmug began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Question Go To > Beginning

I have:
  • a healthy epub3
  • mangled by means of Sigil (0.9.3)
  • ... with added semantics, notably "text"
  • convert to mobi with Kindle Previewer

Aaaaand Go To > Beginning doesn't, as I would expect, steer the device to the XHTML page marked "text", but rather one preceding it (note that each chapter/section is a separate XHTML file).

?
tinmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Add Semantics won't update the Landmarks section in your ePub3. You'll have to manually add them to the nav document. At a bare minimum it should look like this:

Code:
    <nav id="landmarks" epub:type="landmarks">
      <h2>Guide</h2>
      <ol>
        <li>
          <a epub:type="cover" href="../Text/cover.xhtml">Cover</a>
        </li>
        <li>
          <a epub:type="bodymatter" href="../Text/chapter01.xhtml">Start Reading</a>
        </li>
        <li>
          <a epub:type="toc" href="../Text/nav.xhtml">Table of Contents</a>
        </li>
      </ol>
    </nav>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
tinmug

Will try that, thank you.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:09 AM   #4
tinmug

You're a genius @Doitsu, the bodymatter entry worked for me. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:40 AM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Please let us know if it works in the book as published (and purchased)!

Thanks - NJ
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:52 AM   #6
tinmug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Please let us know if it works in the book as published (and purchased)!

Thanks - NJ
That thought did cross my mind ... :roll eyes:
Old 02-19-2016, 06:27 AM   #7
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It is for just such reasons that I try to be the first purchaser of each of my published books.

(Besides, the purchase returns me 70 percent of the price and gives me a boost to 250,000 or so on the sales ranking.)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote