Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Broken out of the box

Does anyone have any infromation pertaining to what percentage of kindles sent out arive non-functional for what ever reason? I don't imagine that amazon publishes this infromation.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I doubt anyone has that information, but I think that it is rather low.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I'm sure you're right when you say Amazon doesn't publish that information. Nor would any vendor. And if Amazon aren't saying, how would anyone here know the answer?

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

If you mean broken substrate or glass, then I assume this number is very small. Amazon packages the Kindles very well. That kind of breakage would most likely be due to poor shipping practices by the carriers and not Amazon's packaging techniques. If by broken you mean the Kindle won't turn ON and/or work properly, then that number is probably a bit larger, but I doubt anyone outside of Amazon would know, and Amazon might not know either.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-06-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I would guess that the number of non-functional Kindles (that never work to start with) is pretty low over all, but that some do fail to work just like with any electronic device. I'd guess that they do quality checks on each run of units to try to catch the occasional bad one as well. Maybe each kindle is powered on and tested before it's even packaged. Sort of a final inspection if you will. It would make sense that that does happen just as it would make sense that a few do slip through by not failing right away.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert