Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
iRex iLiad invites for every (European) MobileReader

Boy have I got good news for all of you! Today I contacted iRex about some matter, and in the answer they sent me, they made this interesting offer: Anyone who is a fellow MobileReader and happens to be from Europe can receive an invitation - remember, an invitation is currently obligatory if you want to purchase the iLiad iRex e-book reader.

Quote:
"We have got requests from several consumers to have access to the shop. We have no problem in doing so when they mention they are aware that the iLiad is not yet fully functional and that they do not mind that functionality is coming in sw releases.

They also need to register with iRex technologies in order to get access to those sw upgrades (enclosed a description of the process).

If you wish to collect a list of emails at your forum, we do not mind to give them access. (remember, no shipping outside Europe yet - US expected second half of July)"

News: US residents can get their invites by signing up here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6933

So this is what I'll do:
  1. In this thread, you simply state that you acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that you know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised. You also state that you live in a country within the EU.
  2. You then send me your email address via private message.
  3. I'll compile a list and send it to iRex. Your invites should arrive soon after.
Depending on the amount of interested people and the time frame during which your replies arrive, I'll put you all in one list or collect the e-mail addresses for two days and then send the list, and make another list later for the "latecomers".

So go ahead...get your invites!

PS: I don't get paid for this nor do I get any privileges from iRex. I'm doing this for this forum and its members during my private time. Also, shipping is set to start on Thursday, because - quote - "iRex is implementing an interface between SAP and the logistics partner that unfortunately is not ready yet. iLiads should be expected next week."

Last edited by CommanderROR; 07-04-2006 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Added US link!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
Paviko
Paviko began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
CommanderROR, thank you very much for your involvement. I've been reading the forum for quite some time, but I've just register to MobileReader after reading your post

As required: I'd like to state that I acknowledge the fact that the Iliad isn't finished yet and software update will be needed to make it fully functional. I'm leaving in EU.

I've sent You my email address.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Paviko
Paviko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Sounds great, CommanderROR.

[OT] I mentioned this forum in my "please give me access to your shop"-email too.

The good news is: irex has obviously enough iLiads in stock.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
2.) Shipping is set to start on Thursday because:
"iRex is implementing an interface between SAP and the logistics partner that unfortunately is not ready yet.
iLiads should be expected next week."
Interface between SAP and partner?
One week?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm....

Om.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
Lameth
Lameth began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 5450/Motorola L6
Thanks CommanderROR for all your effort. It means that I will not have to buy an alternative ebook reader while waiting for the iliad to become available.

As required: I'd like to state that I acknowledge the fact that the Iliad isn't finished yet and the software will need to be updated a number of times to make it fully functional. I live in the United Kingdom.

I will PM you asap. once I have worked it out :-)

Thanks.
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Please, let us try to keep this thread clean...acknowledgements and directly invite related posts only.
Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
My letter of motivation

I certainly agree to test the preversion of the iLiad reader (from the user point of view). I acknowledge that the full possibilites of the reader, and many bugfixes will happen with the v2.6 software release in September.

Yet I agree to buy the v2.4 reader, even in its youth. I live in Paris, France.
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
As required: I'd like to state that I acknowledge the fact that the Iliad isn't finished yet and software update will be needed to make it fully functional. I live in the EU.

I've sent You my email address.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jamie (THJahar)
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #9
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

Hi!
I'd like to state that I acknowledge the fact that the Iliad isn't finished yet and software update will be needed to make it fully functional. I live in the EU.
I'll send my e-mail right away, thanks.
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

So far I've collected 6 requests...I think i'll wait until it's ten and then send the first mail to iRex. i'd wait for more, but I think it might get confusing if I wait too long.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that I know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.
I live in the EU.

Email has been sent.

Great job, CommandeROR!!
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #12
dehein2
dehein2 began at the beginning.

hi,
As required: I'd like to state that I acknowledge the fact that the Iliad isn't finished yet and software update will be needed to make it fully functional. I'm leaving in EU.

thanks
dehein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #13
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that I know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.
I live in Germany.

Mail is on its way. --Björn Kaiser

(somehow i feel like a Beta tester paying for being that. Am i alone with that?)

Last edited by b_k; 07-03-2006 at 11:55 AM.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
antonio_uk
antonio_uk began at the beginning.

I live in the United Kingdom.

Email on its way.
antonio_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #15
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad

I'm living in Germany.

And i'm dieing for an Iliad.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote