Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 05:35 AM   #1
vikesk
vikesk began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre duplicate entire eBook collection in its Library

I've seen a similar question by HailCardassia but I actually joined this forum because I was looking for the answer to the same question as him/her. I was about to post a reply to that thread but was advised that it was quite old and that I should start a new one. I too am concerned that Calibre was recreating my entire eBook collection in its own library. This is also the case with iTunes I believe so what I did with my audio collection was to move all my music to the iTunes Media folder which is kept under My Music/itunes/itunes media/music. I don't know if that would work with Calibre though. ie to move my entire eBooks collection into the Calibre Library Folder in order to avoid having a large number of files (many hundreds of GB as HailCardassia) duplicated.
vikesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
If you import your books into calibre, you would be able to remove the original files. But the key word is "Import". Not moving directly the ebook but adding to calibre.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Don't think of it as duplicating your library, consider it as backing up your library. Keep your originals and the caliber library on physically separate drives and you are less likely to lose many hundreds of GB worth of books.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote