Notices

Old 08-31-2018, 03:45 AM   #1
Frenchguy
Enthusiast
Frenchguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Failed to connect to worker process

Hello,

Since few days I have a problem using Calibre portable installed on a USB key when I use it on my office deskptop

Whenever I want to open an epub, I get the error message
Quote:
Failed to connect to worker process
If I look for the corresponding epub file in the "Calibre Library" foler, I can see the epub icon is not associated to epub file.

I updated and re-installed several times Calibre portable but I still have this problem .

I then installed the desktop version on my office desktop and I have the same problem as with Calibre portable.

When I use "Calibre portable" on this key with my notebook at home, I have no such problem.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks
Frenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something on your computer mist likely a antivirus or other security program is blocking calibre from using worker proccesses. If you can figure out what it is an either disable it or exclude calibre from it, you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 05:00 AM   #3
Frenchguy
Enthusiast
Frenchguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok Thanks for your kind answer.

I will check but I am not sure I can change this on my office PC, even if I am administrator.
May be group policy changed ;-(

I will use it at home then.

Last edited by Frenchguy; 08-31-2018 at 05:03 AM.
Frenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote